PI E200k (W211) or C&C C180k ?

Hungee

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

Saw an ad in papers by PI offering the previous model E200 (W211) for $148k, got quite some colors/units, maybe clearing remaining stock. I know many fall for the new E-class ... but looking at the price factor, it's on par (if not cheaper) with the C180 from C&C ($150k plus?) ...

So which is a better choice in your opinion ... I bet E200 is surely a more complete car than C180, but the "PI" fear exist ... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

During the launch of E200/E250 CGI (W212), C&C lelong E200k(W211) for S$140k+.

Now PI selling that price, LPPL.

Bro, want to get, get from AD safer.

Just my opinion for you and happy car shopping!~ ;-)

as for the choice,

W212 > C180

W211(E200k) > C180

W211(E200ML) < C180

In my opinion, E200ML interior KNS. =x

not rly leh.

id rather take C180 than E200k W211 because inside too uncle with wood

Neutral Newbie

not rly leh.

id rather take C180 than E200k W211 because inside too uncle with wood

agreed .. interior abit overdone with wood ... but E200 is more spacious (?), higher bhp, memory seats etc that C180 doesn't have ... that's why it's indeed close fight IMHO ...

agreed .. interior abit overdone with wood ... but E200 is more spacious (?), higher bhp, memory seats etc that C180 doesn't have ... that's why it's indeed close fight IMHO ...

okok la

C180 is still on electric seats just no memory! not really a biggie.

BHP is offset by the weight of the E-class!

if you only have 2 people then the rear seats of the W204 is no problem!

Hi All,

Saw an ad in papers by PI offering the previous model E200 (W211) for $148k, got quite some colors/units, maybe clearing remaining stock. I know many fall for the new E-class ... but looking at the price factor, it's on par (if not cheaper) with the C180 from C&C ($150k plus?) ...

So which is a better choice in your opinion ... I bet E200 is surely a more complete car than C180, but the "PI" fear exist ... [:p]

Hungee bro, just buy lah.

End of the day, remember to jio jio mcfers out and spin us around with your MB! :-D

Neutral Newbie

Hungee bro, just buy lah.

End of the day, remember to jio jio mcfers out and spin us around with your MB! :-D

Thanks for seeing me so up ... if the decision can be so swift, if wallet is so ready, wouldn't be headache liao ... [:(]

Having owned an E-Class (E200K) before, and now a C-Class (C280), I would take the latter.

Even if the E had a 3L V6 like my current C, I think overall the C is a much more complete and balanced car. It handles way better on Singapore's B-roads and for the same engine spec, has a much healthier power-to-weight ratio.

Heck, my E200K cannot even keep up with a fast Nissan Sunny meandering through Old Holland Road. That's how bulky and unbalanced an E-Class is. Good for straight lines (depending on engine ... a 2L or 1.8L Kompressor will still struggle to handle all that bulk) and its ride comfort.

Chassis tuning is optimized on the C-Class for sportier handling.

So much so that the new E-Class Coupe and the E-Class Cabrio are both built on a C-Class platform and wheelbase ... for obvious reasons - where handling and balance are deemed premium and takes priority over size and comfort.

Interior-wise, the W211 E-Class can be said to be more ah-pek ... too much brown wood, IMHO.

The C-Class brought in by C&C are mainly Avante Garde trim, so are more suited to the not-so-old set of buyers. Grey burrwood with piano black laquer. Its just more sophisticated.

Size-wise, yes the E is larger than the C (obviously), but not that much larger.

So unless you have a big family, a C can seat 5 pax comfortably.

Look-wise, that's subjective and personal, but I think the current C-Class looks more handsome and sportier than the 4-eyed E-Class.

Totally agree with Jolie

When my C200 was in the workshop, C&C loaned me a E200K - and it made me appreciate my C200 better...hahah

The E200K was quite cumbersome to drive - doesn't handle as well but if you are going for comfort, then it's ahead as the C class is too light and you can definitely feel the bumps on the road...

Styling wise - I am not a big fan of all that wood but to each his/her own [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

C-class.... less road tax and C&C maintained..... resale would be higher...

Pardon my ignorance, E200 not 1.8L like the C180/200 ? Rd tax should be same.

The new C180 is using the 1.6 Kompressor engine.

They are 2 different cars. For comfort and luxury, the W211 E200 wins. For nicer drive, the C180 might be better. But for the C Class, I'll go for at least the C200.

Neutral Newbie

The new C180 is using the 1.6 Kompressor engine.

They are 2 different cars. For comfort and luxury, the W211 E200 wins. For nicer drive, the C180 might be better. But for the C Class, I'll go for at least the C200.

the new C180 is CGI engine and it's 1.8L. The previous C180K is on 1.6L engine. :)

the new C180 is CGI engine and it's 1.8L. The previous C180K is on 1.6L engine. :)

W211 should have higher OMV than W204 C180 CGI or C200CGI

So, in terms of economic sense.... W211 is a better buy.

In terms of better drive, W204 chassis is definitely better.

↡ Advertisement