Sg2303

Parking with top down  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will you park with top down?

• Yes, if it is a sheltered carpark
    • Yes, regardless of open or sheltered carpark
    • Definitely no

Will you park with your top down?

I often see convertibles/cabriolets (porsches/bmw/slk) parked with top down at Central, Paragon carpark.

Aren't the owners afraid that thieves might break into their glove box or steal their HU/leather seats etc?

Aren't the owners afraid that vandals may vandalise the interior of the car?

Aren't the owners afraid that some people may climb into their car for a feel?

What about you?

Just want to find out. [;)]

↡ Advertisement

I read somewhere that it is cheaper to let people steal the HU then to let them carve a hole in the fabric top :D

Personally I dont cos its a hassle to remove the cash card/parking coupons all the time, and replacing the stolen items are just troublesome.

The worst is bird s--t or cats/dogs s--t inside!

I will park it top down in my garage.

I will park it top down at Mr Bean or alongside the outlet I am at.

Now the only thing kneed to worry is, should i buy a spyder, convertible or cabriolet?

I think they are mostly ang mohs, who think Singapore is mostly safe enough from crime.

I personally won't. I don't trust people.

Yah, I think a soft top takes thousands to replace, so HU is cheaper. [laugh]

Unless the interior already bare (no cashcard/coupons etc) to start with, otherwise I also think it's a hassle to keep all that stuff just to park top down. Bringing the top up seemed more practical.

(edited)

Precisely, I saw an Ang Mo getting out of his porsche at Central with the top down and he just left it as it is.

I left after a few hours and his car was still there, topless. :blink:

Edited by Sg2303

Never say earlier, I'll go pose inside for a picture :D

Precisely, I saw an Ang Mo getting out of his porsche at Central with the top down and he just left it as it is.

I left after a few hours and his car was still there, topless. :blink:

(edited)

Quite some time back. Maybe you can catch him there again.

Anyway, I went over and took a peek inside. :wub:

Edited by Sg2303

parking the top down attracts alot of attention. good or bad, judge for yourself.. to me, mostly bad.

unless the sheltered parking is your home's very own parking lot, if not, i wouldnt recommend it.

i left my car unattended with roof down once at petrol station late at night (shopping and paying inside, probably 5-10mins).. only to realise some punks trying to get in by jumping in (door was locked). luckily they didn't.

all i can say is, singapore alot of green eye monster (or red).. although my car isnt some exotic supercar convertible.

worse is, on the roads, all the souped up cars wanna have a go with you when my roof is down.

Off topic a bit, but I once walked into one of those PI second hand dealers, and there was a Ferrari F430 Spider with the top down, and nobody around.

Quite tempted to sit in it, but Ferrari leh. Later spoil no money pay. [blush]

i personally never.

It is still not very common to see car here with the roof down, so it will always attract some sort of an attention.

At petrol kiosk, often when in the store, you see people walk around your car curiously looking into it...it just gives me the creep.

i feel that singaporean are very civilize and won't do anything immature.

unless those sour grapes type. at most see see inside only

i personally never.

It is still not very common to see car here with the roof down, so it will always attract some sort of an attention.

At petrol kiosk, often when in the store, you see people walk around your car curiously looking into it...it just gives me the creep.

my only fear is those uneducated punks spit in it...knn [laugh][laugh]

yeah, paragon a few ferraris, boxsters park top down....aiyah, nowhere you can run and cannot drive away lah...

The only time I left my car top open at park, when I was driving a convertible then, was to sun and air the interior to get rid of the damp, musty smell after a heavy downpour. :ph34r: I only do it at an area where I have my eyes on the car and there's some human traffic. I dont only look out for people trying to mess with the interior but for a sudden change in weather too, in case it rains expectedly! [laugh] It would have been very "malu" if it happens!

my only fear is those uneducated punks spit in it...knn [laugh][laugh]

Haha! I can still recall an incident once when I was driving with my car top down along our expressway. I was almost alongside a truck with some migrant workers when one of the workers, without looking back, spitted out - good thing it missed us (my car and I). The worker was stunned when he realised that I was there and started to apologise profusely. It was such a funny sight that I laughed and I smiled at him. I waved to him that I was okay and signed him not to do it again. He acknowledged with a smile and clasped hands .

Now, thinking back, I wonder how I would have reacted if his spit had landed on my face ..........damn! [furious]

↡ Advertisement