Planning to pair pioneer dvd player with built in car amp

Pentux

hi all,

i am driving kia sorento and wonder whether the original amp they provided us able to install with aftermarket HU. i do not wish to spend money on additional amp n woofer. is it true some cars have their own connectors that will not fit aftermarket brands n thus need to bypass the amp n connect the speakers to HU? talked to 1 of the staff and told me if different then need to bypass. i do not wish to be smoked as i cant even see how my amp looks like. it will be a waste if my original small woofer in the car also cannot use if i chg the HU

↡ Advertisement

If it's factory installed I think the connectors are proprietory, not RCA cables. I drive an EX with the "Rockford Fosgate" system, all connectors are proprietory, had a headache re-wiring the head unit to a new amp.

If it's factory installed I think the connectors are proprietory, not RCA cables. I drive an EX with the "Rockford Fosgate" system, all connectors are proprietory, had a headache re-wiring the head unit to a new amp.

tat is wat i am scare loh...then have to waste so much money change this n tat

After I changed new amp and speakers, powered by factory head unit, I can hear this slight buzzing sound that seems to correspond to the CD spinning, not present in the factory setup. But of course the sound quality improved leaps and bounds. Now I'm just resisting the itch to change my head unit.

ICE is a slippery slope, you keep throwing money into the black hole to improve the experience.

After I changed new amp and speakers, powered by factory head unit, I can hear this slight buzzing sound that seems to correspond to the CD spinning, not present in the factory setup. But of course the sound quality improved leaps and bounds. Now I'm just resisting the itch to change my head unit.

ICE is a slippery slope, you keep throwing money into the black hole to improve the experience.

i juz installed. my factory hu n amp took out. but the sound system direct to my speakers still not bad..can blast..so dun need amp at all...

The problem is with the amp. Check with the installer.

↡ Advertisement