Is Luis Suarez a hero or a cheat?

Cootie-Monster

Going by the rules, he is a cheat but if I were him, I would have done the same. This is the World Cup for you, people really want to win it badly and sometimes they really win badly.

Video

↡ Advertisement

Going by the rules, he is a cheat but if I were him, I would have done the same. This is the World Cup for you, people really want to win it badly and sometimes they really win badly.

Video

technically he's a cheat but a hero in his homeland.

i'd done the same if i'm him.

I think he didn't think so much into it during that split seconds.

He did it there and then to stop what has to be stopped, saw red straight away. Missing their semi-final with holland. That is an ultimate punishment for a goal-scoring forward. Hopefully they can manage without him. If tonight Spain were to miss out Torres for their semi...not much of a lost for he hasn't score in this world cup.

Ghana nv took the golden chance for that penalty and lost in penalty shootout. Too bad for them.

Turbocharged

He took a gamble and the outcome prove that he is right..... he hand ball kena red card and Gana got penalty... if the Gana were to score from penalty, then he will have lose the gamble..... and look to be very stupid..... but now he is a hero for Uruguay....

Anyway was thinking, can the ref rule that the goal is valid and give him the red card.... if that is so.... then really squeeze balls.....

This is why WC is the best. In the heat of the moment, people do amazing things.

luissuarezhandball20100702_350x197.jpg

Looks like Saurez and his team mate were both going for handball.... really take one for the team.

When I saw Gyan's super stressed expression before the penalty, I had a nagging feeling he will miss.

Rules should be changed to prevent repeat of this crap, goal line handballs should be award immediately as goal, not penalty.

That's a ridiculous suggestion. Are you a soccer fan?

Rules should be changed to prevent repeat of this crap, goal line handballs should be award immediately as goal, not penalty.

Maybe can just life time ban anyone who tries this stunt.

Giving referees the power to award goals that never cross the line may just create more gray areas.

Neutral Newbie

Video

but....

After the game, Suarez announced that Maradona's Hand of God goal in the 1986 World Cup no longer holds the divine title:

"It was worth it to be sent off in this way. It was complicated and tough. We suffered to the end but the hand of God, it's mine now."

now this is pure stupidity...... the dumber ones are those who actually believe this whole hand of god s--t. don't involve god into your cheating s--t.

Suarez is dumb.

Maradona's Hand of God stuck to Maradona becos he was like the god of soccer at that point in his career.

What is Suarez? I never even heard of him before his hand-ball.

If 2 players handball together, what happens?

2 red cards plus penalty?

that is major offence

deserving of 2 penalties!!! [laugh][laugh]

and it is 2 penalty takers using 2 balls, both to take the penalties at the same time.

the ultimate punishment

but....

After the game, Suarez announced that Maradona's Hand of God goal in the 1986 World Cup no longer holds the divine title:

"It was worth it to be sent off in this way. It was complicated and tough. We suffered to the end but the hand of God, it's mine now."

now this is pure stupidity...... the dumber ones are those who actually believe this whole hand of god s--t. don't involve god into your cheating s--t.

that is stupid as stupid can get

he wouldnt be so smug if gyan scored the penalty

he wouldnt be so smug if they lost the shootout because he as a striker wasnt there to take 1.

This is why WC is the best. In the heat of the moment, people do amazing things.

Looks like Saurez and his team mate were both going for handball.... really take one for the team.

When I saw Gyan's super stressed expression before the penalty, I had a nagging feeling he will miss.

he probably a backup goalkeeper so its an instinct to use his hand [laugh]

↡ Advertisement