Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI

Mikael74

Neutral Newbie

2 new skoda cars launched, the skoda yeti 1.2 tsi and the skoda fabia 1.2 tsi

Of more interest to me is the fabia 1.2 tsi, at 73,800 is this the cheapest car available now that has volkswagen 1.2 tsi engine and 7 speed dsg???

↡ Advertisement

2 new skoda cars launched, the skoda yeti 1.2 tsi and the skoda fabia 1.2 tsi

Of more interest to me is the fabia 1.2 tsi, at 73,800 is this the cheapest car available now that has volkswagen 1.2 tsi engine and 7 speed dsg???

The only photo from sgcarmart looks very ugly imo.

the Fabia has the front of the Roomster....

and though the "on-paper" pricelist is $85,800, which is $2,000 more than the Polo Sport 1.2TSI model,

the nett promotion price is $73,800....savings of $10k from the Polo Sport TSI....

i think HA has really felt the heat from Volkswagen Singapore on their prices....

the Fabia from the side looks like a 15% larger equivalent of the Suzuki Swift though...what uncannily resemblance!!!

one thing i don't agree with the review on saturday motoring section for the Yeti is that it's an equivalent to the VW Tiguan, which just isn't....

and when the reviewer said that the Octavia is Camry-sized, makes me wonder if he's reliable or not at this day....

Neutral Newbie

Wonder how the resale value is going to be compared to the polo. Test drove the fabia. Nt bad overall except the exterior. Feel that it looks too tall.

Neutral Newbie

I test drove both Fabia and Yeti...

Yeti is quiet and stable.. power wise is nothing to shout about... hey its a 1.2.. cant ask for too much right..

The car absorbed all the road noise and even at high rpm, the car is still damn quiet [drivingcar]

I really like the eletrically adjustable panoramic roof which is one big selling point ..it actually opens up half of the car roof..

You can throw out a fridge with that kind of opening.. :D

The varioflex rear seating system is wonderful... you may remove or fold one or all the back seat whenever more space is needed...

Not to mention 7 speed DSG, cruise control and 8 airbags!! [thumbsup]

At that price.. non of the SUV out there is able to match the safety features, the FC and the flexibility of this car at that level..

I would say this is car will suit all those young executives who loves the great outdoors....

The Fabia is much lighter than the Yeti which gives it a much better FC...

I must say that the interior seems more plasticky as compared to the Yeti.

However, when compared to the New Polo.. i think the Fabia is a much better car..

The back seat has more leg room, better boot space and 6 airbags [shocked]

Polo only has 2! So this is definitely another plus point...

With the same power plant as the Yeti.. the drive is really more fun as the car is lighter and very nimble..

At 18.8km/l combined.. on paper... on a turbo car.. what more can you ask for?

Overall, i feel that Skoda is an underrated brand.. with all the goodness of a VW at a price of a Japanese car..

I wonder why are there are not much takers?

Overall, i feel that Skoda is an underrated brand.. with all the goodness of a VW at a price of a Japanese car..

The Korean knew the importance of marketing, packaging and design. Skoda doesn't.

Regards,

Base on description and newpaper report, I think I like the YETI more....just personal preference :)

Anyone know the dimension, Length, width, wheelbase, hight, weight?

I test drove both Fabia and Yeti...

Yeti is quiet and stable.. power wise is nothing to shout about... hey its a 1.2.. cant ask for too much right..

The car absorbed all the road noise and even at high rpm, the car is still damn quiet [drivingcar]

I really like the eletrically adjustable panoramic roof which is one big selling point ..it actually opens up half of the car roof..

You can throw out a fridge with that kind of opening.. :D

The varioflex rear seating system is wonderful... you may remove or fold one or all the back seat whenever more space is needed...

Not to mention 7 speed DSG, cruise control and 8 airbags!! [thumbsup]

At that price.. non of the SUV out there is able to match the safety features, the FC and the flexibility of this car at that level..

I would say this is car will suit all those young executives who loves the great outdoors....

The Fabia is much lighter than the Yeti which gives it a much better FC...

I must say that the interior seems more plasticky as compared to the Yeti.

However, when compared to the New Polo.. i think the Fabia is a much better car..

The back seat has more leg room, better boot space and 6 airbags [shocked]

Polo only has 2! So this is definitely another plus point...

With the same power plant as the Yeti.. the drive is really more fun as the car is lighter and very nimble..

At 18.8km/l combined.. on paper... on a turbo car.. what more can you ask for?

they are popular in europe as the pricing strategy there is to go cheap...

but honestly, i don't find the skodas here cheap enuff to skip VW... perhaps this fabia seems a more cost effective solution compared to polo, but if i remember correctly, by brother in law was considering a jetta and octavia, the price diff was like less than 5k... yes, it did come with better trim levels and accessories coupled with high omv, but if you consider the lower resale value, all these comes back to naught...

and in a brand conscious society like s'pore... 5k btw octavia and jetta, i think the choice is obvious for many unless you are a true car lover and someone who can appreciate value more than brand

Neutral Newbie

any idea when fabia 1.4tsi coming in?? think it will come in after polo gti...question is when. did a search n read that 1.4tsi 0-100 is sub 7s!

After some search on the web, Looks like a very desirable car to me........must go and see the car myself.

Can someone enlighthen me on the resale value? I though buy low sell low, buy high sell high.

such low demand cars,

not many dealers would even wanna take in your car (as trade-in or you sell to them), cos they know they won't be able to make much from doing sales with a Skoda Owner....

at most let them use the showroom space for advertisement....

but owner has to give up his car, put the car there for the time he pays for his car to be advertised,

despite not changing ownership....

tell me worth or not???

any idea when fabia 1.4tsi coming in?? think it will come in after polo gti...question is when. did a search n read that 1.4tsi 0-100 is sub 7s!

the SE did tell me the Fabia vRS is coming in soon, sometime in October

Turbocharged
(edited)

My colleague took it for a test drive today, for a 1.2 litre it is really really peppy! It out draggged my 1.8, which I was very impressed about. In the $70k range it sounds like a great option...

ETA...sorry its the Yeti I am talking about, really looking forward to getting my hands on the Superb Combi.

Edited by Darryn

Turbocharged

After some search on the web, Looks like a very desirable car to me........must go and see the car myself.

Can someone enlighthen me on the resale value? I though buy low sell low, buy high sell high.

Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned with the resale if it were me...keep the car for 6-7 years, and the depreciation will be very similiar to others, and then as lower purchase price your interest cost a lot less which will offset and loss on resale anyway....

Frankly I wouldn't be too concerned with the resale if it were me...keep the car for 6-7 years, and the depreciation will be very similiar to others, and then as lower purchase price your interest cost a lot less which will offset and loss on resale anyway....

That was how I feel too, but always hear people talking about resale value of the car.

I think if one is living in Malaysia and Indonesia maybe yes, Singapore context.....no

↡ Advertisement