Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI

Mikael74

My heart almost fixed on POLO 1.2 TSI.

Need to go test drive Fabia to see if the $$$ difference can make me chose skoda or not.

↡ Advertisement

That was how I feel too, but always hear people talking about resale value of the car.

I think if one is living in Malaysia and Indonesia maybe yes, Singapore context.....no

Yes.. me too... +1

saw the fabia. i'm disappointed with the trim level. 15" rims are ugly and even if you pay also can't get upgrade.

colours are limited. the light green on the brochure is a 3k option. too much in my opinion.

engine is a strong point though. really powerful and the mode it operates it can indeed ensure low FC.

it's a good deal, but don't have the "this is it" feel.

saw the fabia. i'm disappointed with the trim level. 15" rims are ugly and even if you pay also can't get upgrade.

colours are limited. the light green on the brochure is a 3k option. too much in my opinion.

engine is a strong point though. really powerful and the mode it operates it can indeed ensure low FC.

it's a good deal, but don't have the "this is it" feel.

Did you saw the Yeti? was it nice?

Neutral Newbie

After some search on the web, Looks like a very desirable car to me........must go and see the car myself.

Can someone enlighthen me on the resale value? I though buy low sell low, buy high sell high.

I used to buy safe brands like Honda because of the mythical resale value. When its time to change, guess what. All bulls. 2nd hand car dealers are like sharks. paper value + some token value for the body. If you trade-in, the price will vary too, depending on what vehicle you buy.

Best is to buy a value for money car with reasonable OMV vs Selling price and enjoy your ride. The Skodas are great car. I never regretted choosing the Octavia over Jetta. Better fittings, much higher resale value and cheaper cost. Same engine, same gearbox [:)] , and same DSG issues [bigcry]

the Fabia has the front of the Roomster....

and though the "on-paper" pricelist is $85,800, which is $2,000 more than the Polo Sport 1.2TSI model,

the nett promotion price is $73,800....savings of $10k from the Polo Sport TSI....

i think HA has really felt the heat from Volkswagen Singapore on their prices....

the Fabia from the side looks like a 15% larger equivalent of the Suzuki Swift though...what uncannily resemblance!!!

one thing i don't agree with the review on saturday motoring section for the Yeti is that it's an equivalent to the VW Tiguan, which just isn't....

and when the reviewer said that the Octavia is Camry-sized, makes me wonder if he's reliable or not at this day....

Our journos always say very nice things.

Until review next model then say last model not so good. :D

Our journos always say very nice things.

Until review next model then say last model not so good. :D

That is whay must always see the real things lor, must go grass root to see than can understand mah [:)]

I used to buy safe brands like Honda because of the mythical resale value. When its time to change, guess what. All bulls. 2nd hand car dealers are like sharks. paper value + some token value for the body. If you trade-in, the price will vary too, depending on what vehicle you buy.

Best is to buy a value for money car with reasonable OMV vs Selling price and enjoy your ride. The Skodas are great car. I never regretted choosing the Octavia over Jetta. Better fittings, much higher resale value and cheaper cost. Same engine, same gearbox [:)] , and same DSG issues [bigcry]

Really?

I never regretted choosing the Octavia over Jetta. Better fittings, much higher resale value and cheaper cost. Same engine, same gearbox [:)] , and same DSG issues [bigcry]

I thought even selling it in the open market is already a headache left alone getting a decent resale value. Some ex-Skoda owners can tell you the samething. Unless, the market has turned for the better for Skoda, Correct me if I'm wrong?

Regards,

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Is polo and fabia sharing the same 1.2 tsi engine? Why the 0-100km/h timing is bit different?

Is it because skoda fabia is heavier??

Edited by Vorocco

I thought even selling it in the open market is already a headache left alone getting a decent resale value. Some ex-Skoda owners can tell you the samething. Unless, the market has turned for the better for Skoda, Correct me if I'm wrong?

Regards,

you're quite right.

preowned car markets are manipulated by dealers who just want to get rid of

the stock asap with a high margin. Skoda is an unknown brand to many, some

cannot even pronounce the name properly., many have wrong infos like they

are of Russian made, spare parts are more expensive than Japanese etc etc...

Like properties gungho buyers, many car buyers are still SIMPLE SIMONS. So dealers

call the shot.

With all these factors, it is highly unlikely Skoda cars have higher resale value than

japanese cars in the same cat.

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro, u driving a octavia now? which model, the 1.4 tsi or Vrs? how's the performance as compared to VW golf 1.4 tsi and GTI?

Neutral Newbie

I am waiting for Fabia VRS, 1.4L road tax and a 7.3 sec car..............where to find?

Polo GTI? Sorry not available in Singapore.

the only 'worth it' Skoda model i saw during the advert on Saturday is the Octavia VRS....

other than that, it's just so much better getting a VW (as compared to their parent company)....

but for my money,

it's Citroen for me anytime man....