Cost Door Lock Repair cost how much?

Whywhy68

Neutral Newbie

my rear seat car door lock is spoil.. passenger cannot open the door from inside but opening using the outside is ok..

how much will the repair roughly cost?

↡ Advertisement

my rear seat car door lock is spoil.. passenger cannot open the door from inside but opening using the outside is ok..

u sure damaged? check the child lock switch, maybe some switch it on....

Turbocharged

BM or Lambo? :huh:

Neutral Newbie

u sure damaged? check the child lock switch, maybe some switch it on....

ya quite sure cos left side rear door can open from both inside & outside, right side cannot open from inside, can only open from outside.

driving Toyota Vios, repair need hw much?

ya quite sure cos left side rear door can open from both inside & outside, right side cannot open from inside, can only open from outside.

The child-lock for left and right are separate and independently of each other.

Open the door, take a look at the door frame, look for a small mechanical lever/button with the label "child lock".

Turbocharged

driving Toyota Vios, repair need hw much?

Depends on what broke. Might be the central lock system or the mechanical parts eg. lever broke or something jammed. Think you need to get it checked by a workshop. Just dun go back to AD if you want to cut cost. [cool]

I've a similar problem and I am driving a 2007 FL Vios as well. Rear passenger door cant be open from inside but can be open from outside.

Did threadstarter managed to fixed this problem and how much did it cost?

Supercharged

Just now open my car's rear door there was a loud crack sound and then it cannot open from outside. This door is child lock activated so cannot open from inside as well. [:(]

Any bros here know what I should do? Or is there any workshop here (to recommend) which can rectify the problem?

Thanks!

Supercharged

I had this problem previously.sent it for repair at a car accessory shop at sin ming autocare L2,cost <$30

Thanks. Do you have the accessory shop's name?

Any idea how they get the door open again?

Thanks. Do you have the accessory shop's name?

Any idea how they get the door open again?

If cfm its not e child-lock any decent ws can chk fr u. Maybe just a lever came off n need to fix back or small job to replace a metal rod.

Seldom hear e actual lock spoil.

Supercharged

If cfm its not e child-lock any decent ws can chk fr u. Maybe just a lever came off n need to fix back or small job to replace a metal rod.

Seldom hear e actual lock spoil.

Ya, I also shock can spoil so easily... [:(]

My worry now is whether any WS can even open up the door, as the handle outside cannot open, and from inside is child-locked...

Ya, I also shock can spoil so easily... [:(]

My worry now is whether any WS can even open up the door, as the handle outside cannot open, and from inside is child-locked...

Leave it to e ws. A good mech can slip a metal rod between e window glass n hook e opening mechanism to open.

If he dun know better find another more qualified mech. I can do it wh a wire clothes hangar. :ph34r:

Hi TVT,

Child lock activated and you heard a loud crack sound when you lift the door handle. Sound like a portion of the door handle that catches the lock is broken. Happened to my car rear car doors before.

If the outside handle has broken to the part that is hooked to the lock, you can still try to open the door from the outside by trying the hook that portion that is linked to lock. using something with a small hook that's also firm.

Worst case (but purchase a new door handle 1st) - break the door handle from the out side to reach that part which is linked to the car lock.

Hope the above is clear.

Regards

Supercharged

If the outside handle has broken to the part that is hooked to the lock, you can still try to open the door from the outside by trying the hook that portion that is linked to lock. using something with a small hook that's also firm.

Yes, I think what you have described is what had happened - ie. outside handle broken to the part hooked to the lock. Now I lift the door handle, it is very loose (no weight at all), but it does not fall off.

If use a small hook, where to insert this hook into? From the window or behind the handle?

Seems like the same issue I had. Door handle is very 'light'. With a small hook, try to pull/push that part which is behind the door handle. Try to reach that part from the outside door handle. May need a torch light as well to see clearly that part that needs to be hooked. By the way, which car model is it?

I did that on my Accent (after breaking the handle for more access. Didn't try before breaking the handle off from the door. That time door handle was already broken but workshop accidentally activate the child lock. Good thing I had ordered a new door handle and was waiting for it's arrival).

From window, I think need to lower the window, use the slot from the window with a clothes hanger. I think to look for the part is linked to door latch. Maybe Pisces can help explain that portion.

Edited by Hjteo

Seems like the same issue I had. Door handle is very 'light'. With a small hook, try to pull/push that part which is behind the door handle. Try to reach that part from the outside door handle. May need a torch light as well to see clearly that part that needs to be hooked. By the way, which car model is it?

I did that on my Accent (after breaking the handle for more access. Didn't try before breaking the handle off from the door. That time door handle was already broken but workshop accidentally activate the child lock. Good thing I had ordered a new door handle and was waiting for it's arrival).

From window, I think need to lower the window, use the slot from the window with a clothes hanger. I think to look for the part is linked to door latch. Maybe Pisces can help explain that portion.

A bit hard to explain. But just get a wire clothes hanger n open up n take a free end n make a hook. Put it between window glass n rubber strip n try to hook e part that pulls e door catch open.

After a few trys u sud b able to open e door. If cannot...go to ws n let them do better.

↡ Advertisement