Kia K5

Tohto

No such thing. Looks like you never buy new car before

got! not online but phone call buying and deliver directly to home.

Uncle has done it 3 times with lexus. Did NOT even test drive. Just ask salesman to come to house to show brochure and sign and pay.

• Praise 5

think the head Designer at Kia is the ex designer of the Audi current series.

no doubt there are similarities

test drove the K5. felt that is is an ok car. not really blown away. abit sian there is no touch screen HU like in the US. the current HU makes it look old.

but for the price. i think it is super worth it.

Am pretty sure after a while they will give that as an option. or better still, ask if that one can be placed in FOC? The one from the US!

That is why visiting car showrooms is a weekend family activity in Singapore.

After having experience bring my kids to the motor show 2016, I think it is not a good idea to bring them along to show room.because with them around, i cannot concentrate on test drive and talk to the SE.

It's a kia. Where got atas feel?

Guess you are really not interested in buying

Actually interested to buy 2.0L car but not limited to KiA k5 only. Actually I have shortlisted KIA K5, Hyundai Sonata and Hyundai Tucson.

think the head Designer at Kia is the ex designer of the Audi current series.

no doubt there are similarities

test drove the K5. felt that is is an ok car. not really blown away. abit sian there is no touch screen HU like in the US. the current HU makes it look old.

but for the price. i think it is super worth it.

May I know how is the cabin noise? Is it noisy?

Every time I open up the MCF page, this pop up advert on the Kia K5 appears which is kind of irritating but I guess it's living up to the thread title of "Aggressive Kia Optima K5 offer" lol!

• Praise 9

After having experience bring my kids to the motor show 2016, I think it is not a good idea to bring them along to show room.because with them around, i cannot concentrate on test drive and talk to the SE.

Actually interested to buy 2.0L car but not limited to KiA k5 only. Actually I have shortlisted KIA K5, Hyundai Sonata and Hyundai Tucson.

May I know how is the cabin noise? Is it noisy?

Sonata should have the least cabin noise. Can skip mz6 too if that's a main consideration.

• Praise 1

Every time I open up the MCF page, this pop up advert on the Kia K5 appears which is kind of irritating but I guess it's living up to the thread title of "Aggressive Kia Optima K5 offer" lol!

I am predicting the next new model is going to be name " KIA SiLang "    [idea]

• Praise 5

OMV is $24k as told by SE at the SG Motorshow. Too high in my opinion. Mazda 6 basic model and Hyundai Sonata are both less than 20k...

OMV is $24k as told by SE at the SG Motorshow. Too high in my opinion. Mazda 6 basic model and Hyundai Sonata are both less than 20k...

actually OMV $24K is ok because the previous generation OMV also around 22K-23K. I think it is due to Singapore dollar has weakening. But I think this is the new model and C&C are selling quite high price. Compare to previous generation on August 2015, selling price is $125K with OMV 23K and COE 61K but for this current generation C&C sell $121K with OMV 24K and COE 50K.

The new Optima Nu 2L NA engine is way too weak for this car already. Our Optima looked much faster than it can actually go.

Once again, we pay the highest car prices in the world, yet we got the lowest possible engine options... The base NA 2L we have is strictly for rental cars in Korea and other parts of the world.

Where is the proper 250hp 2L Nu GDI Turbo engine?!

• Praise 2

The new Optima Nu 2L NA engine is way too weak for this car already. Our Optima looked much faster than it can actually go.

Once again, we pay the highest car prices in the world, yet we got the lowest possible engine options... The base NA 2L we have is strictly for rental cars in Korea and other parts of the world.

Where is the proper 250hp 2L Nu GDI Turbo engine?!

Yup, kinda disappointed when C&C did not bring in the 2L turbo. Don't think it will sell any better compared to last generation.

actually OMV $24K is ok because the previous generation OMV also around 22K-23K. I think it is due to Singapore dollar has weakening. But I think this is the new model and C&C are selling quite high price. Compare to previous generation on August 2015, selling price is $125K with OMV 23K and COE 61K but for this current generation C&C sell $121K with OMV 24K and COE 50K.

They told me that they are tagged to USD. Mazda told me that they are pegged to Yen I can understand, but why Kia is tagged to USD?

They told me that they are tagged to USD. Mazda told me that they are pegged to Yen I can understand, but why Kia is tagged to USD?

Could be transaction using USD instead of korean won. Korean won not a big currency like japanese yen. All of the factory purchase from china my company purchases are transacted with usd.

Nope. If can sell, they will bring it in already. They know the market conditions best.

Yup, kinda disappointed when C&C did not bring in the 2L turbo. Don't think it will sell any better compared to last generation.

Korean Won is a controlled currency, it can only be used in Korea. This is unlike Japanese Yen which is freely available and exchangable globally.

At this price point, some of the cars like Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost turbo very hard to sell already. For a Korean car i think even harder, that's why they dont bother

At this price point, some of the cars like Mondeo 2.0 Ecoboost turbo very hard to sell already. For a Korean car i think even harder, that's why they dont bother

Its a cause n effect scenario.

We as a customer, when we think about the whizzy engine struggling to move the car along... and got really poor fuel economy as a result, and got overtaken by many premium car drivers who thought your new Optima is part of their league... :TT_TT:  :a-bang:

We will surely ignore the Optima and C n C lost another sale opportunity again.

Fords can't sell in SG becos of lousy dealership, and the cars excessively overpriced, esp we got bare bones models .... U can't even get factory fitted GPS screen in the Mondeo, You have to buy aftermarket OEM kits from Taobao and find your own way to install and then install your favorite GPS software inside. Complete nonsense considering you have paid so much for the car.

And of cos, Ford abysmal overall reliability did no favors to its brand also.

↡ Advertisement