Kia K5

Tohto

I used to clock 10+ per litre on my lancer ex GT. I tot could match but oh well...

Engine capacity = 2.0 L? The car also smaller right? And lighter...

And when you say 10+ = 10. something or above 10 km/L? Cos if you're clocking around 10.8 km/L for a 2.0 L NA engine with a kerb weight around 1.4 to 1.5 tons, that's par for the course...

On 10/27/2023 at 7:30 AM, Fellows said:

2025 Kia K5 Facelift Breaks Cover With Funky LEDs And New Tech. 

Sadly KIA K5 which is a Camry competitor will not come to Singapore.

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/10/kia-k5-facelift-breaks-cover-in-korea-with-funky-leds-and-new-tech/

Kia-K5-Facelift-Korea-main-1024x577.webp

Kia-K5-Facelift-Korea-5-1024x853.webp

Now coe crazily high, even come here also don’t know got people buy or not. 😅

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/27/2023 at 9:35 AM, 13177 said:

Now coe crazily high, even come here also don’t know got people buy or not. 😅

Govt do nothing to the keep increasing COE and it’s the best golden goose for them, free money for a digital certificate and now with all those car sharing, PHV and new taxis on the road, like the new Toyota Prius. Those corporate keep buying new cars with buying powers there goes the COE ever since after Covid-19 re-opening in 2020 everything shot up and never come down. Something is definitely wrong behind the scene.

Cannot see such beautiful K5 to compete with Toyota Camry, even the Hyundai Sonata also missing from SG market. 

Now even a stupid Corolla Altis is close to $174K. 😵‍ Back then is only less than $100K.

Back in 2015-2016, a luxury flagship SUV Toyota Harrier from PI as that time AD yet to bring in only cost $150K for a 2.0NA which now cannot even buy a low end Corolla Altis. After just 7-8 years time it cost nearly $270K for a 2.5 Hybrid. That a whopping $120K increase. What the crap is this?!

Edited by Fellows
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, Fellows said:

Govt do nothing to the keep increasing COE and it’s the best golden goose for them, free money for a digital certificate and now with all those car sharing, PHV and new taxis on the road, like the new Toyota Prius. Those corporate keep buying new cars with buying powers there goes the COE ever since after Covid-19 re-opening in 2020 everything shot up and never come down. Something is definitely wrong behind the scene.

Cannot see such beautiful K5 to compete with Toyota Camry, even the Hyundai Sonata also missing from SG market. 

Now even a stupid Corolla Altis is close to $174K. 😵‍ Back then is only less than $100K.

Back in 2015-2016, a luxury flagship SUV Toyota Harrier from PI as that time AD yet to bring in only cost $150K for a 2.0NA which now cannot even buy a low end Corolla Altis. After just 7-8 years time it cost nearly $270K for a 2.5 Hybrid. That a whopping $120K increase. What the crap is this?!

Really don't know why after the covid appeared, everything seems to shot up and never come down. From cars, property and foods.

Don't think gahment would want to do anything, since they can collect more money and yet keep the numbers of people owning cars down.

• Sad 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:32 AM, Fellows said:

Gahmen collecting alot of $$$$ where got incentive to collect less from the blood sucking car rental companies who are buying the COEs like they are hello kittys? =D

On 10/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, 13177 said:

Really don't know why after the covid appeared, everything seems to shot up and never come down. From cars, property and foods.

Don't think gahment would want to do anything, since they can collect more money and yet keep the numbers of people owning cars down.

Erections coming. They will do something or risk losing some votes/GRCs.

Test balloons already floating around like one off increase in COE numbers. Never heard this before in the last 30 plus years of COE until now. Why? Becos Erections!

• Haha! 2

On 3/23/2024 at 10:33 PM, Fellows said:

The new facelift K5 look so sleek! Sadly not for SG.

In fact, it's not for any Right Hand Drive market because from past sales, RHD Market K5/Optima has poor and poorer sales. Hence KIA decided to ditch producing for RHD market K5. It's a pity because this K5 is really a looker.

• Praise 1

On 3/24/2024 at 8:40 AM, Heartbreakid said:

In fact, it's not for any Right Hand Drive market because from past sales, RHD Market K5/Optima has poor and poorer sales. Hence KIA decided to ditch producing for RHD market K5. It's a pity because this K5 is really a looker.

Just came back from Korea and these new models of Korean cars from Kia and Hyundai are really a looker. But buy 1 new Staria here can buy 6 there. Haha. 

• Sad 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:50 AM, Daniu82 said:

Just came back from Korea and these new models of Korean cars from Kia and Hyundai are really a looker. But buy 1 new Staria here can buy 6 there. Haha. 

I really like their 2024 KIA Sportage 1.6L hybrid, but it never come Singapore at all. 

My dad still got the old mindset in 2024 that Korean car like KIA and Hyundai more difficult to maintain and not much resell value when selling perhaps 6-7 years time later compare to Toyota as he drove Honda and Toyota throughout his life.

I told him downgrade the car as he tiring soon no need to drive such a big car with high installment and road tax. So I recommend him KIA NIRO Hybrid SX or Hyundai Avante Hybrid but of course cannot compare with current PI 2.0NA Toyota Harrier SUV that we had now. 

He never even test drive these Korean brand before, die die don’t want these 2 Korean brand then say Conti expensive + high maintenance fee and he dislike Mazda. Not much choice left, I told him then you go test drive the 2024 1.6L facelift Toyota Corolla Altis which also around $150K as we looking for new car these few months as the new 2.5L Harrier Hybrid cost $235K, wth $235K for a Toyota is really sucks.

Edited by Fellows

On 3/24/2024 at 10:33 PM, Fellows said:

I really like their 2024 KIA Sportage 1.6L hybrid, but it never come Singapore at all. 

My dad still got the old mindset in 2024 that Korean car like KIA and Hyundai more difficult to maintain and not much resell value when selling perhaps 6-7 years time later compare to Toyota as he drove Honda and Toyota throughout his life.

I told him downgrade the car as he tiring soon no need to drive such a big car with high installment and road tax. So I recommend him KIA NIRO Hybrid SX or Hyundai Avante Hybrid but of course cannot compare with current PI 2.0NA Toyota Harrier SUV that we had now. 

He never even test drive these Korean brand before, die die don’t want these 2 Korean brand then say Conti expensive + high maintenance fee and he dislike Mazda. Not much choice left, I told him then you go test drive the 2024 1.6L facelift Toyota Corolla Altis which also around $150K as we looking for new car these few months as the new 2.5L Harrier Hybrid cost $235K, wth $235K for a Toyota is really sucks.

Saw the Sportage there too, really looks good. Here cars are priced too high now with little models to choose from. 

↡ Advertisement