Unable to balance rims

Mnns

Went for servicing today and workshop guys told me they can't balance one of my rear wheel, probably faulty (warp). Didn't know our sg roads is so smooth till I can warp it from normal driving <_< Can't rotate the wheel to the front since they say alignment will be off.

Anyone know if theres a good and reliable place to check if the rims is really warped and probably repair it? Can't tell if theres any warping with my naked eyes. Went to a couple of shops like stamford and they can't do anything about it. If need to replace, I need to find a shop thats willing to import just 1 rim sigh.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Went for servicing today and workshop guys told me they can't balance one of my rear wheel, probably faulty (warp). Didn't know our sg roads is so smooth till I can warp it from normal driving <_< Can't rotate the wheel to the front since they say alignment will be off.

Anyone know if theres a good and reliable place to check if the rims is really warped and probably repair it? Can't tell if theres any warping with my naked eyes. Went to a couple of shops like stamford and they can't do anything about it. If need to replace, I need to find a shop thats willing to import just 1 rim sigh.

Thanks in advance.

put the rim on the balancing machine and run it.. you can see it.. it's quite obvious..

if not, keep it at the back.. at times, u will feel some vibration when u run above certain speed, usually at 90 or 120km/h

put the rim on the balancing machine and run it.. you can see it.. it's quite obvious..

if not, keep it at the back.. at times, u will feel some vibration when u run above certain speed, usually at 90 or 120km/h

Thats the problem - I think I'm pretty numb to vibrations, so I can't really tell if its due to the rim or the roads are uneven seriously [laugh] It doesnt vibrate violently or what, just that even below 90km / h sometimes theres vibration, so not sure if thats the cause. Another concern is since I can't rotate it to the front, my tire wear is not going to be even(they rotated the other side).

Thanks for replying btw.

u can still do rotation.. just that you got to pay extra for them to rotate the tyres by dismounting it from the rim and swop..

the vibration from warp rim and road unevenness is quite apparent. but if u are so numb, continue to be so..

to be blur is a bliss at times

u can still do rotation.. just that you got to pay extra for them to rotate the tyres by dismounting it from the rim and swop..

the vibration from warp rim and road unevenness is quite apparent. but if u are so numb, continue to be so..

to be blur is a bliss at times

I guess so :D Regarding the vibration, I would think the one coming from the warp rim would vibrate everytime the wheel oscillates to the same point of contact (if maintain at 100-110) - however what I am experiencing is pretty inconsistent.

Thanks for the suggestion of the dismount, probably should do that.

Thanks in advance.

Our humps and constant one side turns on the MSCPs are way more harmful than taking a full throttle corner at a race track. On a circuit, that is smooth, on our roads......road markings, kerbs, humps, dips, man-holes, uneven gradients,..... where got smooth?

Our humps and constant one side turns on the MSCPs are way more harmful than taking a full throttle corner at a race track. On a circuit, that is smooth, on our roads......road markings, kerbs, humps, dips, man-holes, uneven gradients,..... where got smooth?

Lately been seeing a lot of potholes and looks like most manhole covers are not flushed to the road surface as well. :angry:

(edited)

Lately been seeing a lot of potholes and looks like most manhole covers are not flushed to the road surface as well. :angry:

Farq lor, I was driving at Seletar one night, one moment happily doing 50km/h, the next moment feeling weightlessness... day after, Ws inspected front struts both koyak/leaking.

But my stock rims bo warp leh! :blink:

Edited by Krado

Neutral Newbie

You'll need the Hunter Road Force balancing machine. As far as i know, there are two such machines in Singapore, and i have one of them. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Whatever the case, bent rim, bad tyres, etc...the lousiest rim+tyre (ie wheel) combination of the 4 should be positioned on the rear left as this is furthest from the driver. Of course if you're in a chauffeured car, then the lousiest wheel should be positioned on the front left/right, depending where toykay likes to sit. ;)

You'll need the Hunter Road Force balancing machine. As far as i know, there are two such machines in Singapore, and i have one of them. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Whatever the case, bent rim, bad tyres, etc...the lousiest rim+tyre (ie wheel) combination of the 4 should be positioned on the rear left as this is furthest from the driver. Of course if you're in a chauffeured car, then the lousiest wheel should be positioned on the front left/right, depending where toykay likes to sit. ;)

With this balancing machine you can balance an unable to balance wheel? This is an irony.

Neutral Newbie

With this balancing machine you can balance an unable to balance wheel? This is an irony.

No. TS was looking for a way to ascertain whether his rim is bent. The Hunter Road Force has the ability to do that. It can also diagnose whether it is rim or tyre that is causing the imbalance. It will also be able to match the rim & tyre to give you the position with the least possible balancing weights.

As its name implies, it also applies a simulated road force during the balancing procedure to more accurately mimic what the tyre does under load and balances the tyre accordingly.

If the rim is cannot be balanced, then no machine can help.

No. TS was looking for a way to ascertain whether his rim is bent. The Hunter Road Force has the ability to do that. It can also diagnose whether it is rim or tyre that is causing the imbalance. It will also be able to match the rim & tyre to give you the position with the least possible balancing weights.

As its name implies, it also applies a simulated road force during the balancing procedure to more accurately mimic what the tyre does under load and balances the tyre accordingly.

If the rim is cannot be balanced, then no machine can help.

Thanks, just pm-ed you. Wanted to confirm it really can't be balanced before I decide if I shoud change it. [:)]

Been travelling alot along the paya lebar area (where you exit from kpe and turn left to bartley), I concur, for a period of time the area around the manhole covers is really shitz [rifle] Its been flushed now after a long time.

Thanks in advance.

i can give u 1 advice before u want to change rim or anything, go to a trusted tyreshop, pay abit of money, ask the guy dismount the tyre from the suspected damage rim, ask the guy balance just the rim only.

check the reading how, and at the same time u see physically yourself when the rim is spinning is it warping.

normally rim wont warp, unless u keep knocking them against the kerb.

Neutral Newbie

i can give u 1 advice before u want to change rim or anything, go to a trusted tyreshop, pay abit of money, ask the guy dismount the tyre from the suspected damage rim, ask the guy balance just the rim only.

check the reading how, and at the same time u see physically yourself when the rim is spinning is it warping.

That's good advice.

there is one shop... i forgot the shop name... at Chua chu kang.. opp ten mile junction.

the shop house there is a tire shop.

alot of pple and workshop send there to check if the rim can repair a not.

if cannot.. then can throw liao

i repaired my rims there once.. due to wrap. nice accurate workmanship

there is one shop... i forgot the shop name... at Chua chu kang.. opp ten mile junction.

the shop house there is a tire shop.

alot of pple and workshop send there to check if the rim can repair a not.

if cannot.. then can throw liao

i repaired my rims there once.. due to wrap. nice accurate workmanship

is it southern or something like that? beside an ICE shop?

or unless they are cheap unreliable replica rims that gives problems after some time.

↡ Advertisement