Unable to balance rims

Mnns

Turbocharged

just go to other shops and ask them to balance, if they also say cant then change a new rims. Previously one shop told me one of my rims cant be balance, but when i went to another shop the guy said no problem with my rim.

↡ Advertisement

You'll need the Hunter Road Force balancing machine. As far as i know, there are two such machines in Singapore, and i have one of them. Drop me a pm if you're interested.

Whatever the case, bent rim, bad tyres, etc...the lousiest rim+tyre (ie wheel) combination of the 4 should be positioned on the rear left as this is furthest from the driver. Of course if you're in a chauffeured car, then the lousiest wheel should be positioned on the front left/right, depending where toykay likes to sit. ;)

bro

can advice how much u charge

recently notice my car having a blop blop sound when travelling 40-60kmh.

goes faster and slower according to speed.

i travel 100km daily so high chance is not a flat spot on the tyre from under usage, i visually inspected all my tyres and there is nothing stuck on it or any flat spot

last balancing was done 30,000km ago.

the sound is only audible on smooth roads and when radio off.

just go to other shops and ask them to balance, if they also say cant then change a new rims. Previously one shop told me one of my rims cant be balance, but when i went to another shop the guy said no problem with my rim.

lol if i am a rim/tyre shop owner , i see your rim scatch abit i also tell u the rim warb not safe canot balance, must change new 1 right

It's important to find a tyre shop that you can trust for aftersales service after this experience of yours. If either South East Tyre or Leong Seng give the same outcome for your rim, then it's likely that you'll need to source for the rim, most likely from cars in Kranji scrapyard.

Went for servicing today and workshop guys told me they can't balance one of my rear wheel, probably faulty (warp). Didn't know our sg roads is so smooth till I can warp it from normal driving <_< Can't rotate the wheel to the front since they say alignment will be off.

Anyone know if theres a good and reliable place to check if the rims is really warped and probably repair it? Can't tell if theres any warping with my naked eyes. Went to a couple of shops like stamford and they can't do anything about it. If need to replace, I need to find a shop thats willing to import just 1 rim sigh.

Thanks in advance.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:48 AM, Ldlian987 said:

Hi, anyone knows which workshop has the road force balancing machine? I think the normal balancing doesn't help. Even after normal balancing, the steering wheel still vibrates above 95kph. Thank you.

Road force balancing

LSTA

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, Ldlian987 said:

Thanks all for your replies. What is the market rate for road force balancing? I was quoted $30/piece.

if its warp, you better off dumping the rims and getting a new set. If its just a matter of balancing, then no worries. Its like 10 dollars per wheel , but you still need to find out if your A-arm or lower wishbone or whatever your suspension setup is that is causing the vibration and move from that stage onwards.

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Ldlian987 said:

Thanks all for your replies. What is the market rate for road force balancing? I was quoted $30/piece.

My advice, put all wheels on the normal balancing machine and observe the rotation of the wheel itself when it is spinning on the machine. If you see any abnormal rotation, then that wheel is warped.

• Praise 2

On 2/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, Ldlian987 said:

just MHO

can elaborate more about your case

how old is the wheel and Tires ?

prior to this Vibrartion at 95kph did you do anything to your car ?

otherwise I will do this

send for wheel Balancing (do at least 2 different shop to confirmed the wheels and tire no problem)

check your Wheels center hub is it properly fit your car spigot

check your Wheel Bolts or Nuts for proper sitting

Road force balancing is something new here(not many shop had) and most wheels doesn't need this and Not sure what is the market rate

correct me if I am wrong , this Road force balancing serve a diff purpose over the usual balancing.

do share your story after problem fixed thank you

↡ Advertisement