Properties in KL

Gilahonda

Does anyone here in MCF have properties in KL?

Need some pointers from those who owns serviced apartments or condos in Berjaya Times Square,Kenny Hill,Mont Kiara or Damansara.

1) Is the rental income any good for those renting out their serviced apartments or condos?

2) Based on the min of RM500k,wat can i get?

3) Which location is the best in terms of location,rental,size,amenities?Not in any order.

4) Let say u rent out your serviced apartment,will the management help to collect your rental on your behalf since u are staying in another country?Would they charge any fee for this service or they want a cut of the rental collected?

5) Any other points to take note?

Thanks,any good advise is welcome!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

RM500k can't get much of a decent condo in these prime areas. KLCC & Mont Kiara got the most choices n are popular wif expats. Kenny Hill & Damansara (btw, which part of damansara? Damansara Heights is the most atas; many other 2nd or 3rd tier neighbourhoods oso 'borrow' the damansara name, so be careful) not that many choices. Realistic rental yields range from 6-8%. Dun buy into those that promise "10% guaranteed" returns as it's oredi been priced into the sale. Point to note when investing in any property in M'sia is to buy in KL only and in a PRIME area. Forget abt JB, Malacca, Port Dickson or whatever crap even the locals dun want but repackaged as fools gold for S'poreans.

RM500k can't get much of a decent condo in these prime areas. KLCC & Mont Kiara got the most choices n are popular wif expats. Kenny Hill & Damansara (btw, which part of damansara? Damansara Heights is the most atas; many other 2nd or 3rd tier neighbourhoods oso 'borrow' the damansara name, so be careful) not that many choices. Realistic rental yields range from 6-8%. Dun buy into those that promise "10% guaranteed" returns as it's oredi been priced into the sale. Point to note when investing in any property in M'sia is to buy in KL only and in a PRIME area. Forget abt JB, Malacca, Port Dickson or whatever crap even the locals dun want but repackaged as fools gold for S'poreans.

yeah bro,thanks for the advise.do u have a property in kl?

did a search on the net and found that RM500k can only get me a studio (500-570sq ft) at Berjaya Times Square with min rental of RM2500.this is buy from owner,and if owner is a malaysian,tink we can do a conversion on the deed if the place is not under international lot?am i rite to say this? will the management collect rental on our behalf if we are foreigner?

higher end places will definitely cost RM1mil upwards to which i can afford at the moment just yet.

im just looking at investing at bare minimum of RM500k coz i wud not want to gamble away too much moolah if the place that i bought in kl turns out to be a nitemare!

mont kiara is another location on my list.if buying brand new from developer,i can afford to buy those 1000-1200sq ft coz its definitely cheaper than buying from ex owner.again a search on the net,proved that these units can set me back between 500k-700k at least.however mont kiara is a big area i think,so which exact location is the best?any gd reliable developer to look out for?

an advise i learnt from books is that, one never buys too big a place coz it will be much harder to rent out as the rent will be much higher as well and the pool of people that can afford to rent actually shrinks!

yeah,jb properties are not for investing but for staying long term.most of the rental houses actually caters to sporeans.locals cant affords wat we singaporeans pay for rental.sporeans have the tendency and want to stay in nice & guarded neighbourhoods.sporeans takes care of the rented place while locals tear it down.with completed houses in excess for purchase and excess of rental houses,excess of land,that why jb houses do not actually appreciate in price and rental........just yet!

Supersonic

i wouldn't touch BTS. it prob has a commercial title which also means higher property tax. oso, i can't realli see the secondary mkt there. i would onli invest in the klcc and mk area. proven and safe.

Why do you wanna invest in KL? Most people who invest in condos there regret. In fact almost all the people I know who invested in Msian property regret. Well except my sister who bought a landed property 10 years ago which appreciated but taking into account the adverse exchange rate, I dont think she made much. She had massive headache collecting rental cos they know you are in Sg and harder to chase for rental.

Over there condo's etc have little value cos they can build them like mushrooms and often they are not well kept , deminishing their value. So much land there. Really save yourself a massive headache and dont buy ppt there. If you want exposure buy Malaysian ppt stocks, these company repack palm oil land & sell a nice concept to sucker Singaporeans. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

agree with soya... last heard from a relative in kl, mont kiara is the hot district currently.......

prices there hv run up quite abit in the last couple of years. launches at mk getting more and more high end.

On 7/13/2010 at 12:46 PM, Soya said:

prices there hv run up quite abit in the last couple of years. launches at mk getting more and more high end.

what was mk price in 2010.

this one looks delicious ...

sgd$880k nia ... cant even buy a hdb in clementi

483CE166-F62E-46E2-81F7-0107F50E349B.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know

6 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

what was mk price in 2010.

this one looks delicious ...

sgd$880k nia ... cant even buy a hdb in clementi

483CE166-F62E-46E2-81F7-0107F50E349B.jpeg

This is next to SPRINT highway 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This is next to SPRINT highway 

no good ar? very noisy?

location good leh ... 4hrs clear carbon from point A to B  ... 

no need to pass thru KL traffic ... 

2020-08-04_170239.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

1 minute ago, Wt_know said:

why? very noisy ar?

good leh ... 4hrs clear carbon straight up point A to B ... hehe

2020-08-04_170239.jpg

My friend has a unit in Desa Park City facing NSHW into Jalan Duta.

It is so noisy cannot open window.

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My friend has a unit in Desa Park City facing NSHW into Jalan Duta.

It is so noisy cannot open window.

wah ... like that sure noisy liao .... all the turbo kick in yo ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

Supercharged

Must really check neighborhood when buying M'sia property. Easier nowadays with Google Streetview and satellite pics. Friend bought Penang condo years ago. View includes Muslim cemetery which of course was not mentioned in brochure or by agent.

↡ Advertisement