Installer for simlim purchased HIFI?

SimonTan

As I have just booked a new Honda Jazz.

Was thinking of setting up a solid sound system in the new car but at a reduced cost.

I was thinking of getting a high end pioneer DVD screen HU, Hertz 6.5" three way speakers, Two solid Punch woofers, a few pioneer amps from Sim Lim or Mustafa.

The pricing at SimLim/Mustafa are way cheaper although there is no guarantee (acceptable to me)

My past experience 4 yours ago is that some installers priced the HU,speakers, etc at a higher price, and they also charge for the installation fees and items(fuse, wire, etc).

From the pioneer HU price alone, export price is like $300 cheaper.

So if I can save money, I estimated about $1000 savings, by buying the equipments myself.

Then let the installer do the installations, would it be cheaper overall.

Even if the installer charge me $500 to do the installation job? I still save $500?

Any comments please?

↡ Advertisement

I am ok with the equipment failed due to export set or no guarantee.

As I am quite handy with changing things on my own.

Its only the wiring + fuse + contorting + drilling + woofer box,etc, that I need the professional help of the installers.

Which good installer do such jobs? Can recommend?

I am ok if they jack up their installation cost slightly, since I did not buy the items from their shop.

As I have just booked a new Honda Jazz.

Was thinking of setting up a solid sound system in the new car but at a reduced cost.

I was thinking of getting a high end pioneer DVD screen HU, Hertz 6.5" three way speakers, Two solid Punch woofers, a few pioneer amps from Sim Lim or Mustafa.

The pricing at SimLim/Mustafa are way cheaper although there is no guarantee (acceptable to me)

My past experience 4 yours ago is that some installers priced the HU,speakers, etc at a higher price, and they also charge for the installation fees and items(fuse, wire, etc).

From the pioneer HU price alone, export price is like $300 cheaper.

So if I can save money, I estimated about $1000 savings, by buying the equipments myself.

Then let the installer do the installations, would it be cheaper overall.

Even if the installer charge me $500 to do the installation job? I still save $500?

Any comments please?

$300 saving on HU for export set ! Which model ?

Sorry its should be ~$100 for the AVH 4250.

$300 saving on HU for export set ! Which model ?

↡ Advertisement