Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

Alot has been said over the years on these 2 premium brands;

a) Mercedes brand associated with; Contractor (Phua Chu Kang) yellow contractor hat, old tai tais, old folks & geriatrics who need comfort that comes with a contton wool suspension

b) BMW associated with; "The Ultimate Driving Machine", the sheer driving pleasure, its is a drivers car, handling, going more for the younger yuppie crowd.

IMHO 3 series e92 coupe was the real Mc Coy and was out in the market way before the Audi A5 and Mercedes E class coupe. In this class range the 3 series coupe is the original class leading coupe. 50/50 weigth distribution, with many submodels and options for mods.

And BMW definitely has a larger more passionate fan base over mercedes. See the BMW Sg forums for instance.

And so many kids always say when they grow up they wana own and drive "The Ultimate Driving Machine"....i have yet to come across a kid that says he wants to drive a Merc when he grows up..:) And if u ask the kid about the Audi, he will probably tell you the olympics is not here yet...LOL

I dont know why, but the BMW just tugs at the heartstring and passion of so many folks and makes a real connect with the soul that Merc and Audi simply lack.

Agree with you.... BMW is the most sort after luxury car in most countries in Asia like China, Hong Kong and Malaysia,.... probably even Singapore.

While most people (across Asia) also tend to agree that Mercedes Benz is more reliable compared to BMW, the desire to own a BMW did not diminish.

Such is the power of the branding of the car.

For many who were choosing between a BMW and a Merc, often the decision is down to overall package and pricing.

For those who did not even bother to choose, many a times, they have already made up their mind on one brand and would be loyal to that brand.

↡ Advertisement

the only solution is to press harder on accelerator for turbo to come in.. the sound will go away above a certain rev range, usually when turbo is around.

haha turbo on summon on [laugh]

Turbocharged

a) Mercedes brand associated with; Contractor (Phua Chu Kang) yellow contractor hat, old tai tais, old folks & geriatrics who need comfort that comes with a contton wool suspension

b) BMW associated with; "The Ultimate Driving Machine", the sheer driving pleasure, its is a drivers car, handling, going more for the younger yuppie crowd.

IMHO 3 series e92 coupe was the real Mc Coy and was out in the market way before the Audi A5 and Mercedes E class coupe. In this class range the 3 series coupe is the original class leading coupe. 50/50 weigth distribution, with many submodels and options for mods.

And BMW definitely has a larger more passionate fan base over mercedes. See the BMW Sg forums for instance.

And so many kids always say when they grow up they wana own and drive "The Ultimate Driving Machine"....i have yet to come across a kid that says he wants to drive a Merc when he grows up..:) And if u ask the kid about the Audi, he will probably tell you the olympics is not here yet...LOL

I dont know why, but the BMW just tugs at the heartstring and passion of so many folks and makes a real connect with the soul that Merc and Audi simply lack.

dont really agree on the part that kid want to drive a BMW. cause from what i understand all kid want to drive a Ferrari. BMW?? to them is he same as Mer Ah pek car. [:p]

of couse kidz i am refering to those under the age of 12.

dont really agree on the part that kid want to drive a BMW. cause from what i understand all kid want to drive a Ferrari. BMW?? to them is he same as Mer Ah pek car. [:p]

i young that time want to drive AMG/Lambo [laugh]

Strange, the impression of the ultimate car when i was like 7 years old, was a Maserati.

I didnt know about BMW until i was in secondary school.... luxury car to me then, was Mercedes or Volvo.

Neutral Newbie

when i was young, i totally dislike BMW...cant understand what so great abt BMW cars...after test drive BMW, the rest is history...now into my 2nd and 3rd BMW...interesting how a person's perspective can change over a few years...

when i was young, i totally dislike BMW...cant understand what so great abt BMW cars...after test drive BMW, the rest is history...now into my 2nd and 3rd BMW...interesting how a person's perspective can change over a few years...

BITURBO? Hmmm, my impression of biturbos are the Maseratis of the eighties... check this out..

http://www.maserati-alfieri.co.uk/alfieri04.htm

Ok i guess there is some truth to your words....Ferrari & Lambos r much more high profile, and also way beyond the reach of most. But then again BMW had some negative advertising in china afew weeks back...

Do you remember that china model in a talk show who was asked $$$ related question and she created a stir when she replied that she'd rather be crying in a BMW then smiling on a bike....negative publicity....LOL

I disagree..most kids say they wan Lambo/Ferrari when they grow up..so how can it be a BMW? I've nvr heard of one..haha! [laugh]

hey! my dream is to drive a Cherry QQ when I grow up! [blush]

(edited)

interesting to know which countries use bmw as taxi....

For your info Most of EUROPE and the whole Germany uses MERCs, E-S class, BMW 5-7 series. VW, CITREONS, RENUALTs and AUDIs all classes for TAXIS! If you have travelled out of ASIA. Has been for the past 30 years! Check the internet for confirmation.

Edited by Pitstop_Tyres

you're quite behind the times, bro.

BMW has been very popular for bengs and contractors for some years now... [laugh]

I feel that none of the BMW's currently designed on the market today look good at all. Take the 7 Series for example. it doesnt look ugly, but compared to the s class?

another model would be the 3 series. plain boring. nothing special. compared to Audi A4 and Merc C Class? Come on.

What about Audi A5 Coupe models versus 3 Series models.....you would have to be blind to to chose the 3 series over the A5.

I am not trying to bash BMW up, they make great cars. However their design departments are just atrocious.

I feel that none of the BMW's currently designed on the market today look good at all. Take the 7 Series for example. it doesnt look ugly, but compared to the s class?

another model would be the 3 series. plain boring. nothing special. compared to Audi A4 and Merc C Class? Come on.

What about Audi A5 Coupe models versus 3 Series models.....you would have to be blind to to chose the 3 series over the A5.

I am not trying to bash BMW up, they make great cars. However their design departments are just atrocious.

got so serious meh? atrocious?

to me v simple...

other than slk from the mercs lineup, bmw for me anyday......or at least for my age.....

c class or 3er? latter

eclass? look so sonata from rear zzz

BMW cars are trendy, nicely designed and stylish. that is why kids to young bengs to lao bengs love them.

for example, the sunshine empire beng salesmen... all driving BMW "524"..

i always see white or black 5 series running around with black rims and loud exhausts..

damn the bloody bengs always ruin good things.... sibeh sian.. hope they all go over to buy audi, then i can buy BMW again...

BMW cars are trendy, nicely designed and stylish. that is why kids to young bengs to lao bengs love them.

for example, the sunshine empire beng salesmen... all driving BMW "524"..

i always see white or black 5 series running around with black rims and loud exhausts..

damn the bloody bengs always ruin good things.... sibeh sian.. hope they all go over to buy audi, then i can buy BMW again...

i think i v beng also...i also like loud loud exhaust...

not like mercs...exhaust soft soft..hardly many modded ones running around

↡ Advertisement