Mercedes Vs. Bmw- Quality and Reliability

Stanley30949

3 hours ago, sake said:

My S Class(W221) air suspension was trouble free the first 5 years.

Thereafter all 4 as well as the pump started giving way. I would drive to OKI at Bukit Merah and get it fixed within 2 hours, so it was expensive but easy to fix.

Loved the air suspension so much that I optioned my Cayenne with air suspension + PASM.

ps. no need to change in pair. can change one at a time

How do you keep it trouble free for 5 years?

Interested to know.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
40 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

How do you keep it trouble free for 5 years?

Interested to know.

normal use. 

my mechanic said the air suspension meant to last 5 years.

after the fifth year they started to say sayonara one after another.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, sake said:

normal use. 

my mechanic said the air suspension meant to last 5 years.

after the fifth year they started to say sayonara one after another.

The air blubber start leaking?

Or the pump spoil?

• Praise 1

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

The air blubber start leaking?

Or the pump spoil?

all 4 started leaking and pump failed, but at different times.

Edited by sake

11 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Audi air suspension also no better. Sure will kaput before COE expires. 

to me if anything can last for 10 years consider very reliable. 

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, sake said:

My S Class(W221) air suspension was trouble free the first 5 years.

Thereafter all 4 as well as the pump started giving way. I would drive to OKI at Bukit Merah and get it fixed within 2 hours, so it was expensive but easy to fix.

Loved the air suspension so much that I optioned my Cayenne with air suspension + PASM.

ps. no need to change in pair. can change one at a time

C&C quoted my friend to replace the rear set for 17k if i recalled it correctly, he fixed it outside for 7.5k.  Another friend has a 7 series, error message complaining car out of leveling,  was also told by PM to replace the whole set, he sold the car off eventually. 

• Praise 2

Twincharged
30 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

So in a year u can visit workshop 4 times just to repair the air suspension only lol

no lah, visited 5 times (4+ pump) over the next 4 years. 

each time approx 2 hours only.

Edited by sake
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 11/4/2019 at 7:58 AM, Mkl22 said:

The funny thing is these things have been happening for years, over the generations.  Oil leaks and sensor faults. They never learn or they don’t want to learn. Haha. Else how to ketok and earn more. 

the word is "complacent"

I rem watching a video on an international car show somewhere is EU, where big brands will show off their latest models.

The BMW CEO was going ard to look at other brands.  He came upon a Hyundai or Kia car.  He peek inside the car, the korean car guy will explaining all the latest features to him.  He looked astonished and amazed at the quality. 

His side kick was next to him.  He stood up and gesture to his side kick, asking him why BMW doesn't have this and that.  It's so good and high tech.  The funny thing is he was v expressive with his hands while he was questioning his side kick.  

His side kick tried to answer with some hand gestures and shrugging his shoulders. 

This already tells us alot of EU car companies.  Complacent, lazy and behind times.  

I bet his side kick doesn't even know about Asian car brands.

Edited by Jusnel

On 11/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Thats why most bmw and merc only dare to give 3 yrs warranty. Afterward ownself take care lol

Drive old car like me, all have to repaired have been repaired by the previous owner. 😄😄

24 minutes ago, Jusnel said:

the word is "complacent"

I rem watching a video on an international car show somewhere is EU, where big brands will show off their latest models.

The BMW CEO was going ard to look at other brands.  He came upon a Hyundai or Kia car.  He peek inside the car, the korean car guy will explaining all the latest features to him.  He looked astonished and amazed at the quality. 

His side kick was next to him.  He stood up and gesture to his side kick, asking him why BMW doesn't have this and that.  It's so good and high tech.  The funny thing is he was v expressive with his hands while he was questioning his side kick.  

His side kick tried to answer with some hand gestures and shrugging his shoulders. 

This already tells us alot of EU car companies.  Complacent, lazy and behind times.  

I bet his side kick doesn't even know about Asian car brands.

Its not the BMW CEO. Its the previous VW CEO Martin Winterkorn, who checked out the Hyundai i30 at 2011 Frankfurt Motorshow.

There was a thread here: 

• Praise 1

38 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Its not the BMW CEO. Its the previous VW CEO Martin Winterkorn, who checked out the Hyundai i30 at 2011 Frankfurt Motorshow.

There was a thread here: 

Same. Still German..... lol

On 11/12/2019 at 11:05 AM, Toeknee_33 said:

Yeah, same same, just like fake news - its still news. 😒

modern BMWs of the current 5 series and above are quite high tech compared to its competitors. remote parking, ios and android app control and/or info of the car, many other improvements. Not many makes comes close in terms of technology only the higher end brands and models only.

↡ Advertisement