Summer MCF mini Car Group PhotoShoot

Kiadaw

Hi,

This thread is carry forward from My Summer Photoshot Preview.

The idea of the photo shoot is to give car & photography lovers a chance to gather & practice photography skill, primary in car photography.

There is no special requirement for car make, bikers can also join, or photography skill, we are all here to learn. Camera equipment optional.

The location is tentatively Seletar. Map of location will be provide soon (in this thread).

Tentative timing is Sun 18th July Morning at 9am. (CAn't make it on 18th Evening as I have to study for test on Morning).

Alternate timing

1) is Sun 23 July Morning ( at about 9) or

2) Evening (about 4)

Tentative Participants are

Kiadaw- Myself

SK65- pending

Krado-Pending

lifestyle1881-Pending

Any other MCF that wish to join just PM me (mobile & name & forum nick) or can contact me (see below for my phone, insurance & MLM stay away please [:p] ). If you can't make it on 18th, suggest an alt time as above.

The Meeting will go ahead if 3 or more member can attend, & application close (unfortunately) when it reached 6, on first come first serve basis. If the photo shoot is successful, & we think can accommodate more people, we will try to do so.

My contact is 97324164. PM welcome as well.

[:)]

Also any suggestions welcomed. I emphasis that I have not done any group photoshoot before, so please forgive me for any incompetency (but I will try to improve), & welcome anyone with experience to take the lead in the event & photshoot. Oh, its free!

↡ Advertisement

Also any suggestions welcomed. I emphasis that I have not done any group photoshoot before, so please forgive me for any incompetency (but I will try to improve), & welcome anyone with experience to take the lead in the event & photshoot. Oh, its free!

Dun worry, coz I haven't really done any car photoshoots before! my contact is 90686953.

Gotta try out my new 35mm prime [:p]

No la, F2. Old second hand lens. Like my old second hand car. [:p]

Hi bro, can provide map to the place, or direction?

(edited)

Update with the participants list

1) Kiadaw _Thread starter

2)Vinnmui (Experience car group photo photographer) - Tentatively accept

3) Krado - Accept invitation

4) SK65 Pending CO approval

5)Lifestye1881 (Another experience car group photographer) - Pending

Some group photos composition examples.

car_photo_284007_7.jpg

car_photo_215487_7.jpg

Need wide angle lens

cars.jpg

Classical Horseshoe formation

car_photo_226581_7.jpg

car_photo_355789_7.jpg

Slightly more difficult ones

car_photo_355795_7.jpg

On top of that, I would suggest taking photos of individual car, We line up the car (i a few classic pose), & everyone will take turns to snap pictures of it. At the end of the day, we will combine the data. The interesting part will be the chance to take pictures of each other cars & also the different perspective of the different photographers.

Edited by Kiadaw

Neutral Newbie

Hi Kiadaw,

pls allow me to post some pics that a good fren/ forummer in MCF taken for us recently for reference.

this one is taken at sembawang together with Icebrush79 and the gang by Faris...

15052010.jpg

this one is one of the individual shot by Faris

DSC_4120-1.jpg

this one is the most recent one taken in Shenton way. one of the back alley, with the help of our good fren, Faris of coz..

FBDSC_5782_edited.jpg

Hi Kiadaw,

pls allow me to post some pics that a good fren/ forummer in MCF taken for us recently for reference.

this one is taken at sembawang together with Icebrush79 and the gang by Faris...

this one is one of the individual shot by Faris

this one is the most recent one taken in Shenton way. one of the back alley, with the help of our good fren, Faris of coz..

HDR shots? Very the nice.

Neutral Newbie

HDR shots? Very the nice.

these pics were taken and edited by tne photographer himself..

wat does HDR actually means? i've seen that term very often...

Hi bro, can provide map to the place, or direction?

i scout first... its quite near the Seletar Sunset Grill and Bar. :D

745.jpg

Old map... will update. [cool]

these pics were taken and edited by tne photographer himself..

wat does HDR actually means? i've seen that term very often...

The HDR generally give a very dynamic picture like seen above, however, that is not the main use for HDR.

In a nutshell, a HDR image contain not just the color of the subject, but the brightness as well,

Imagine you take an outdoor picture of a white house, with the sun as the background. On a traditional picture, the house will appear white as the core of the sun. In reality, the sun is much much brighter, but you can't extract this info from the picture right? But on a HDR photo, you can, as it contain the brightest data.

Then the next question you ask is, why bother. Then you have to look into HDR application in 3D scene.

From our high school science, we learn that when light hit an object, 3 things can happen, reflection, absolution, & refraction. On a perfect mirror, 100% reflection, on say a glossy car, or a pool of water, or our eyes, we have semi reflective surface.

On a mirror, what you see is what you get. Its a 100% refection of the real world. On say a pool of water on the pavement, you will notice the sky seems to be brighter than the non light emitting subjects like people in the reflection. It it because light refection are lost in the objects!

See the picture below. Notice how dark the reflection on the people, & how the sky reflection is still bright

PRE1412.jpg

So if you wanted to create a glossy reflective eyes of a scene (without rendering the scene), you can use a HDR picture as a light source, & the refection will look natural.

Look closely at the refection of the eyes, the "highlights" are actually the sky, & the dark areas the forest.

SSSFace_07v2.jpg

The HDR image to create the eyes refection is similar to this

example-light-probe-794328.jpg

BTW, I created the model. [:p] The final image (which manage to score a page in a UK base magazine 3DArtist) if anyone is interested.

Autumn at Stratford

I know its shameless self advertising... [:p]

(edited)

The Sunset grill have parking space? maybe its a good idea to meet there 1st, & Krado, you can lead us in....convoy movement.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Kiadaw

high dynamic range

wah

very very chio

just went to fix on EVO X bonnet today

yeah

looking foward to the photoshoot

so not tomorrow morning hor ?

(edited)

i am both photography lover and car lover.

my most open is 50 1.8

my other lens is 18-105 (3.5-5.6)

so ... 50 and 35,

just one step back lo

will bring tripod too

and of cos my favourite CPL.

cannot live without it, when i am in the sun

brings out the blue tone richer.

less harsh white

Edited by Sk65
↡ Advertisement