LTA website to check vehicle number

Vit4wd

'Onemotoring' Veh Transfer site used to show the "No. of Owner Transfers".

I wonder which smart alex initiated the move to delete this information. 2nd hand car buyers can no longer check on the 'no. of owners' history prior to viewing the car.

↡ Advertisement

That means you have to physically go down to the dealer to view the owner log book.

No point calling dealer, as they will lie to you esp for cars with many owners.

Is this new funtion meant to protect car dealers?

that's because of people who like to snoop on others particular and post them on the web or start a thread for discussion.

I don't think that "vehicle Transfer Check" function allows surfers to view the vehicle owner's personal particulars, so your view is invalid.

The very fact that how many transfer there are for the vehicles is considered privacy to some.

But then, I'm not surprised that my view is considered invalid by some. Opinion differs.

Turbocharged
'Onemotoring' Veh Transfer site used to show the "No. of Owner Transfers".

I wonder which smart alex initiated the move to delete this information. 2nd hand car buyers can no longer check on the 'no. of owners' history prior to viewing the car.

Personnal I like this "No. of Owner Transfer" to be there. As often dealer or even private seller not very honest with this. Of cos one may argue that the no of ownership not important but often I use this to determine whether I shld go for certain car.

"No. of Owner Transfers" is only relevant if you are interested to buy, and not relevant to busy body who has no business in knowing.

So, if a buyer is really keen to purchase, get the seller to print out the PARF/COE Rebate at De-registration.

Turbocharged

Hi guys,

I remember there is a LTA site to check on a vehicle based on the vehicle number. Cant find the site, anyone can advise?

Neutral Newbie

No lah.. I was shocked to see the insurance note by insurance company on my car in the morning

↡ Advertisement