Royal & Sun Alliance - anyone on this insurance?

Dankoo

Was getting quotes for my insurance renewal. Royal & Sun Alliance by far cheapest with the most benefits as below. Anyone with them and any comments?

AutoSecure Plus Benefits:

Personal Accident to Insured - S$100,000;

Personal Accident to Authorised Drivers - S$100,000;

Personal Accident to Passengers - S$50,000;

Coverage for damage &/or theft of car audio system

up to S$2,500 without loss of NCB and excess;

Free coverage for all factory fitted accessories;

Loss of personal belongings in vehicle - up to S$2,000;

Loss of car keys - up to S$1,000;

Free 24 hrs towing service;

Medical Expenses - S$5,000;

Flood, Typhoon or other convulsion of nature

Unlimited windscreen & windows replacement with $0 excess;

Replacement car or $50 reimbursement per day (3 days)

↡ Advertisement

iam with them for the first time this year. although can't comment much as I have yet to submit any claims or report with them.

Supersonic

I'm with AutoSecure Plus.

I go for the cheapest premium and hope not to have any claim experience.

I charged 12 monthly payment to my dbs credit card. Recently, I lost the card and reported to insuremycar.com.sg, Oliver. It was settled quickly without problem by rearranging the remaining payment to the new card.

(edited)

I was with them few years ago. It is a pain in the neck. I managed to successfully claim 3rd party frm a bus who hit my fender. Me n the bus driver Didn't claim a single cent frm RSA. Guess wat, they withheld my ncd for 3 years. Wtf. Have to call them yearly to check status of my ncd.

Then they will ding dong here ding dong there. Bloody waste of time n effort. If other insurer is slightly more, go for them.

Avoid RSA at all cost.

Last year my insurance broker got the lowest quote again frm RSA again but I say no thanks

Edited by Booboon

Was with them and made 2 claims (very lucky year) few years back...good service but not consistent, depends on who's your CSO handling your case.

Am with MSIG now...service more consistent.

me also looking around..

so far cheapest quotes comes from www.directasia.com & aviva online.. better rates than RSA despite being with them for the last 2 yrs.

I had been with them. Dont think that they are so "good".

I insured my car with them in March 2010~March2011.

Window smashed on late May, claimed insurance FOC and sold car in June.

I can't get rebates of the balance insurance as they mentioned that since I have a claim, they dont rebate it to me.

But Oliver was very helpful and really did follow up my case. He proposed to them that I self repair the window and RSA will rebate the balance to me if that I maintain a "no claims" policy.

This rebate/no claim policy is rubbish as I did have a rebate back on total lost of car when I was with NTUC (July 2003~July2004).

Accident in Sep 2003, NTUC advice total lost. I fight against the ruling and they advice that they will pay me balance after deducting of paper.

Left with 10K cash and repair my car with that budget. Car fixed and scrapped in May 2004. Balance insurance was rebate to me for the period of May 2004~July2004.

Thanks for the info. Seems that RSA may be cheapest for me in this case but their service may not be that good...I always thought if Policy was terminated halfway, the remaining should be refunded irregardlessif there are claims or not....

I am with RSA insurance for my 1.6 car and I have rec'd a quotion for my renewal (abt $900+)

But found out Aviva online is cheapest at 600+ but coverage not identical

I think there's always a reason when things are too cheap

Anyone tried Aviva before?