Received a threat call from unknown oversea no

Meepok87

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, just to illustrate wat happen to me last nite at 230am.

I received a call from an unknown oversea no asking for my dad. This guy claims that my dad owes him money and ask us to return him money, he says that he is by the name of 'ah sam' and he just came out from prison. He says that he know where we stay and managed to say out our unit number correctly, but he did not mention any blk or street name though. Then he kept telling us not to play with him, as he know where we stay and hinted that he will come our hse to disturb us. I was quite angry and scolded him in vulgarilty. And i feel that he suddenly felt abit shocked.

After afew mins of arguement, he changed his statement. He said that we dont owe him any money but he wants to take some 'kopi money' from us to spend. We abruptly end the conversations by saying we have no money and wanted to hang up. Towards the end of the conversation, he ask us, " you dont even have 100-200??" we just said " no!' and hang up on him. However he still call us again after we hang up but we did not pick up. In total, he called us 3 times, once my mum pick up, 2nd time she pass to me, 3rd time we nv pick up. The whole conversation is in hokkien, but as my hokkien is not fluent and i dun understand completely, he speaked mandarin in the end as i could not make out wat he is saying.

We are thinking of going to make a police report later just for safety reason. Bros out here any comments on this situation?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi guys, just to illustrate wat happen to me last nite at 230am.

I received a call from an unknown oversea no asking for my dad. This guy claims that my dad owes him money and ask us to return him money, he says that he is by the name of 'ah sam' and he just came out from prison. He says that he know where we stay and managed to say out our unit number correctly, but he did not mention any blk or street name though. Then he kept telling us not to play with him, as he know where we stay and hinted that he will come our hse to disturb us. I was quite angry and scolded him in vulgarilty. And i feel that he suddenly felt abit shocked.

After afew mins of arguement, he changed his statement. He said that we dont owe him any money but he wants to take some 'kopi money' from us to spend. We abruptly end the conversations by saying we have no money and wanted to hang up. Towards the end of the conversation, he ask us, " you dont even have 100-200??" we just said " no!' and hang up on him. However he still call us again after we hang up but we did not pick up. In total, he called us 3 times, once my mum pick up, 2nd time she pass to me, 3rd time we nv pick up. The whole conversation is in hokkien, but as my hokkien is not fluent and i dun understand completely, he speaked mandarin in the end as i could not make out wat he is saying.

We are thinking of going to make a police report later just for safety reason. Bros out here any comments on this situation?

telephone directory have your house address.

If its threats. lodge a police report.

The telcos can trace the number for such cases if necessary, for police to investigate.

Neutral Newbie

ya all my family members thinks that he took our number from a phonebook, but still we will be going down to make a police report later. Anyway i checked with my dad already, he did not owe anybody any money. Anyway to add on, he sounded like a local middle age guy and he does not have any accent.

Neutral Newbie

got these kinda call from Bolehland trying to pull a fast one.....you did the right thing...F*ck them upside down...

But seriously after i scolded him and hang up, my heart is beating very fast. I was quite scared that he really will come and disturb, but after thinking logically, i tink is prank call trying to scam ppl. :D

IF he really is OVERSEAS, 100 or 200 dollar also don't have, how he come to singapore to tekan u? HAHAHAHA...lame calls man. Next time he call ask him to go f**k spider

But seriously after i scolded him and hang up, my heart is beating very fast. I was quite scared that he really will come and disturb, but after thinking logically, i tink is prank call trying to scam ppl. :D

don't fret abt it. lots of scams like this happen.

Neutral Newbie

Something to consider - if he calls again, agree to his "demands", make a appointment, and bring the police along. Then again, if it's one of those "scam" cases, where they randomly try their luck, then it's likely they won't waste their time calling again, since they're obviously not going to get anything out of you.

nv do anything wrong no need to scared la. also no need to scold him. later he really come splash paint at your door for nothing. haha

just reply in eng say u dun understand den hang up lor