How to quit trading stocks?

I have been investing (not trading) in stocks since 10 years ago. I got to earn the first time I trade, thinking I'm good I put in more capital, but it turns out that losses are bigger than the profit. Subsequently I got burned losing all my savings when trading the warrants. This puts an end to this, promising myself I should quit trading. A few months back, I'm back again, I traded a lot and lost most of the time. I was an addict to trading. Like an alcoholic, I was not able to control myself. I wanted to get rich quickly, but I kept losing most of the time. This was frustrating. Many times I decided to quit the game but I could not quit either. I was no better than an alcoholic. Can anyone help me?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

when all your money is gone from gambling, you will have to stop automatically. no need to quit

Edited by Throttle2

Sell whatever shares you have and then close your CDP Acct.....as long as your CDP is active, finding a broker is an easy task...

I was like you and got burnt, but I disciplined myself not to go into the market for 1 year.

Hope that you can kick this bad habit.

Neutral Newbie

seems like you got talent

that is for loosing

dont worry most of us also loose

but in the stock market if you loose you are only helping others to become rich

this is a zero sum game (minus the brokerage charges)

seriously nobody here can help you except you yourself

go to cdp and ask for free courses on trading stocks

if making money is so easy all of us would tua ki already

Hey bro next time post here which stock u buy leh......than we can all go short sell ur stock and comfirm make money [idea] than we can pool our money we make to cover ur losses and still give u kopi money how about that? [smash]

all right keep this thread alive. please tell us the stocks that you buy.

i'll make sure i don't buy the same. buy you coffee or lunch.

Stop yourself from looking at stock market, if you are married, transfer all your $$ to your spouse and ask him/her to safe keep for u. Without cash on hand, the temptation to trade will be lower.

I have been investing (not trading) in stocks since 10 years ago. I got to earn the first time I trade, thinking I'm good I put in more capital, but it turns out that losses are bigger than the profit. Subsequently I got burned losing all my savings when trading the warrants. This puts an end to this, promising myself I should quit trading. A few months back, I'm back again, I traded a lot and lost most of the time. I was an addict to trading. Like an alcoholic, I was not able to control myself. I wanted to get rich quickly, but I kept losing most of the time. This was frustrating. Many times I decided to quit the game but I could not quit either. I was no better than an alcoholic. Can anyone help me?

Bro maybe instead of quitting u can join us in our stock discussion thread and do enough homework first before jumping in.

I slightly more power than you. The stock i bought shoot up but i still lose $. Hhaha... some bro here know what happen. [laugh]

See u HERE

Keep yourself occupied...Don't look or listen anything about Stock market, slowly you will forget about it.

Supercharged

Sleep during trading hours.

then must sleep almost 24hrs when u consider US/overseas markets [laugh]

then must sleep almost 24hrs when u consider US/overseas markets [laugh]

:o Then basically TS becomes a Sleeping Beauty!!! [laugh]

Bro, from what i see, you are trading via contra, rite? If you go down this path, you are destroying yourself & your family.

People already got problem predicting stock trend over long term(meaning 1-5 years) & contra must settle or sell within 3-4days(meaning you are predicting it going up), this is suicide.

If you don't stop, you're gonna end up like the fella(singapore) who chalked up football debts & hanged himself in the house toilet & discovered by his wife in the evening recently(a few months ago i tink).

I tell you how to stop or improve your condition:

1. No get rich quick.

2. If got cash, buy & hold & i mean hold at least for years.

3. Think of those losses you made, on the other hand, use this money for your family or outing & i bet you & your family feel better.

4. Email or call your broker to reduce your trading limit by 80-90%.

5. Learn from investing legends(eg. Warren buffett, Edward Lampert, Carl Icahn, John Paulson). You won't go wrong with these legends though they do make mistakes at times.

6. Lastly, good luck & stop trading(buying & selling within days) & start investing(buy & hold for at least couple of months/years) & you'll see the difference at least to your pocket.

7. Try not to buy when you see it keep going up instead buy when you see it dip or fall drastically(research before buying).

8. Lastly again, if you're doing contra. STOP !

I think your problem is like most of the 90% of stock traders in the world.

You like Warrants, Rights, Calls and Puts as volatility excites you.

1.The stock making money you greedy and wait for it to go higher.

2.When it had gone higher, you wait for it to go even higher

3.When it start to come down you wait for it to go back up.

4.When it still continue to go down, you wait as the price is still above your cost.

5.Then it goes lower than your cost, you still hold hoping that it go back to your cost level

6.Then your lost -35% of your stock value, you offload all.

7.Then the stock goes up, you wait for it to come down a little but it keeps going up.

8.Then you buy up again with your 65% balance and the process repeats itself from Stage 1.

Sorry, I can't help you.

↡ Advertisement