Cost of repairing wiring

Blackwind

Neutral Newbie

while taking a shower i suddenly heard some noise and when i looked up the wiring above was i think burning(for arnd 2 secs) and emiited quite a bright light. anyway after that the heater stopped working. i quickly switched off the switches and taped it so that no one switches on the switch.

let's say if the heater and switches are ok and it is just burnt wires.... how much will it roughly cost to get it repaired? pls share

i'm gonna call the repair person soon and perhaps get a rough quote so i need to roughly know how much the repair will cost.

thnx!

↡ Advertisement

Sounds like your heater went kaput. Wires won't burn by itself. Why didn't your circuit breaker trip?

The heater you are using got safety approve anot? :wacko:

Last time I just buy a new electric water heater and replaced it on my own cos to me it's not difficult. But now I'm using gas water heater, more reliable and the bill is cheaper dan electric.

Neutral Newbie

Sounds like your heater went kaput. Wires won't burn by itself. Why didn't your circuit breaker trip?

The heater you are using got safety approve anot? :wacko:

Last time I just buy a new electric water heater and replaced it on my own cos to me it's not difficult. But now I'm using gas water heater, more reliable and the bill is cheaper dan electric.

yes it did trip.

i switched off the heater switch and taped it up so that others wont switch it on.

after which i switched on the cct breaker again

Neutral Newbie

i just called the repair person.

i was quoted $30 for repairing the burnt wire. is this an acceptable quote?

Neutral Newbie

i just called the repair person.

i was quoted $30 for repairing the burnt wire. is this an acceptable quote?

$30 if can solve yr problem of course cheap lah. the man has to get to your house, change the cable and travel back.

Neutral Newbie

$30 if can solve yr problem of course cheap lah. the man has to get to your house, change the cable and travel back.

hmm well ok then... i'll let him handle it

Neutral Newbie

2 guys came to fix the burnt wiring.

after looking at the situation they asked for $30. i said ok.

then after working on it for some time they told me that they must also fix the live wire and told me that the total will be $60. i asked them $50 can or not... they said cannot $60 very cheap already. they worked quite hard so i thought it was ok. they were quite obese and clumsy and kept dropping stuff down though. and they were sweating like crazy. they were constantly sighing throughout the whole time as if they were building a rocket and things were too difficult.

then one of them spoiled my bathroom light while fixing the water heater. so now my bathroom light cannot be switched on. the senior guy came to me and ask for a new bulb as if it was my fault. i found it so funny so i just laughed. and he went back to fix the heater and light.

after one whole hour everything was done....

so i checked everything. i also checked the light. after i switched it off and on again there was no light. then i smiled at him and asked him what happened(i think it was the only time i talked after showing them the problem) controlling my laughter(cos they were like hoping i will not catch them)

then they went back to fix it... complain here complain there

once i was satisfied i never talked to them just gave them the money and shooed them away

usually i will be very nice to these ppl and give them drinks and biscuits but these 2 were real jokers..... but it was entertaining

oh and one of the jokers was standing on top of a stool almost near the edge of my open window... knowing how clumsy these 2 guys are i quickly shut the grills.... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement