Just had an accident at Serangoon road

Onlyyouknow

Neutral Newbie

Hi folks,

Just want a bit of advice. Had an accident at the cross junction between serangoon road and balestier road. I was at the leftmost lane and only realised that it was a left turning lane only after filtering into it. I went straight because I didn't want to turn into lavender street and a car on my right knocked into my side. The lane on my right is left turning and go straight as well. I know it was wrong of me to go straight. I asked the driver whether he checked his blind spot before turning left and he said it was not necessary to check. Is that true? I know I'm in the wrong but I believe he is also in the wrong. Please advice.

Also, any recommendation on panel beating? Just in case we settle privately. Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

although it was straight direction for him, but usually s--t can happen and it is good to keep a lookout on both left and right.

coming to law by law, then the case is straight forward also, you are most likely to absorb 100%.

Hi folks,

Just want a bit of advice. Had an accident at the cross junction between serangoon road and balestier road. I was at the leftmost lane and only realised that it was a left turning lane only after filtering into it. I went straight because I didn't want to turn into lavender street and a car on my right knocked into my side. The lane on my right is left turning and go straight as well. I know it was wrong of me to go straight. I asked the driver whether he checked his blind spot before turning left and he said it was not necessary to check. Is that true? I know I'm in the wrong but I believe he is also in the wrong. Please advice.

Also, any recommendation on panel beating? Just in case we settle privately. Thanks!

Hi folks,

Bro, sad to say, but you went straight in a left turn only lane. You caused the accident, period.

Neutral Newbie

Normally people don't check blind spot when the blind spot is also a turning lane.

One way or the other, if you are in a turning lane and you go straight and got into an accident, no horse run.

Hi folks,

I dun mean to to be rude, but your words have answered yourself. If you are wrong liao, then 2 wrongs dun make a right leh..

If u sala then proceed with the left turn n u-turn further up la.. why go straight when u very well know its wrong? also the guy on ur right has the RIGHT to turn left or go straight and YOU are supposed to turn left and nothing else. So why does he need to check blind spot when he is not changing lanes and on his own correct path? if you try to press further, be prepared to be sent back to Basic Theory class!!

You just admit u totally at fault and pay his damages fully la... then take this as a lesson to yourself not to anyhow drive and not try to "share" any blame lo.. 2 Wrongs Don't Make A Right!

Hi folks,

Just admit fault and move on. You are OBVIOUSLY at fault and you want to shift blame? From what i read in your post you are probably the type who thinks YOUR mistakes can be avoided assuming everyone around you is aware of what YOU are doing.

Jeez.

don't be harsh la, he is just confirming... kenna 100% insurance claim is very siong one leh

dude, i say tough luck, take it as a lesson, i'm sure u'll be more careful in future

I believe it is certainly your fault but fellow motorists, we need to check our blind spot because if it happen to be a motorcycle, then serious injury is bounds to happen.

Neutral Newbie

Hi folks,

if the damage is on your side, its abit of 50/50.

is it on your side door against his front?

anyway it really depends on his statement against yours. :)

check or not check...u are wrong...so move on.....even if you can proof he don't check....u are still 100% the party at fault...

UR THE ONE who is suppose to check blind spot if u wanna go straight on a left turn only lane.

Since u said u realise its a left turn lane. How come u din check blind spot for right lane when trying to go straight. U should stop for right lane to turn left before going straight.

Seems like TS already knew from the point from filtering into said lane that lane is meant for turning left only. I am bewildered as to why you still carried on going straight rather than following lane markings.

Okay since you insisted on going straight then shouldn't you check whether there are vehicles turning with you? In other words, you were taking a calculated risk and thus should have taken precaution.

For e.g. A decides to do a kerbside U turn. A understands that it is risky and would ONLY undertake this action when he ascertains there are no other road users in the vicinity.

I feel sorry for your motor insurance renewal/new quotation. Just treat this as a lesson learnt. Singapore is a very small country after all. At the most, just make a detour or make a U turn, don't put your safety on the line. It is not worth it.

↡ Advertisement