The difference between Real Madrid and other clubs..

Scion

Turbocharged

.. is how they treat their loyal players...

many seasons ago, they dumped their faithful captain Fernando Hierro after winning the Champions League, now they show long-term players Raul and Guti the door..

On the other hand,

Barcelona rewarded Puyol another contract extension

Man Utd keeps Giggs, Scholes and Neville even they are in their mid-30s

Maldini retired with AC Milan

Roma's captain Totti is still with the club

Chelsea's Terry and Liverpool's Gerrard/Carragher will stay as long as the clubs and fans adore them...

is it so hard to find another loyal one-club footballer now?

guess Casillas will be dumped after his ability declines in the future..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

.. is how they treat their loyal players...

many seasons ago, they dumped their faithful captain Fernando Hierro after winning the Champions League, now they show long-term players Raul and Guti the door..

On the other hand,

Barcelona rewarded Puyol another contract extension

Man Utd keeps Giggs, Scholes and Neville even they are in their mid-30s

Maldini retired with AC Milan

Roma's captain Totti is still with the club

Chelsea's Terry and Liverpool's Gerrard/Carragher will stay as long as the clubs and fans adore them...

is it so hard to find another loyal one-club footballer now?

guess Casillas will be dumped after his ability declines in the future..

I think what you mention is a bit subjective,

Man U keep those player cause they are willing to be flinge squad player.

Maldini, then was still the best defender dispite his age.

For Terry, Totti and Gerrard/carragher. Their respective club are still struggling to find player to be their replacement for that position.

Puyol?? no comment cause i hardly see him play.

maybe Guti and Raul wanted first team soccer week in week out and this is something that Real Marid cannot confirm??

Edited by Joseph22

if a player cannot fit in to the new managers' plan and playing style, or has outgrown his usefulness, he has to go, this is inevitable. similiarly, if a good player gets better irresistable offers (in monetary and footballing prospect), sooner or later will leave also. this is call meritrocacy system and market force at work.

actually Guti and Raul is very influential in the clubs for v long,even managers also scare of their influential

just that they over their peak..and no longer have such power

Turbocharged

I think what you mention is a bit subjective,

Man U keep those player cause they are willing to be flinge squad player.

Maldini, then was still the best defender dispite his age.

For Terry, Totti and Gerrard/carragher. Their respective club are still struggling to find player to be their replacement for that position.

Puyol?? no comment cause i hardly see him play.

maybe Guti and Raul wanted first team soccer week in week out and this is something that Real Marid cannot confirm??

yep... i assume only...

but Raul and Guti already demoted to bench players in recent seasons... and i dun think they move on for a last big paycheck (considering both are multi-millionaires) or other honours in football (both have won 15 trophies for the club)

the whole thing makes Real Madrid look bad, as though they put in little or no effort to convince the legendary players to stay...

both Raul and Guti are 33/34.. i feel Real Madrid should let them play another season or so and retire at the club as a rare one-club footballer

Turbocharged

yep... i assume only...

but Raul and Guti already demoted to bench players in recent seasons... and i dun think they move on for a last big paycheck (considering both are multi-millionaires) or other honours in football (both have won 15 trophies for the club)

the whole thing makes Real Madrid look bad, as though they put in little or no effort to convince the legendary players to stay...

both Raul and Guti are 33/34.. i feel Real Madrid should let them play another season or so and retire at the club as a rare one-club footballer

but it does not make economic sense as their wages are pretty high.

I dont think they will accept a lower wages to stay behind, as it will appear that they are desperate.

however, moving off to another club and accepting lower wages is different. they can terms it as a search for 1st team soccer.

Turbocharged

He got play for Atletico Madrid youth

i didn't know Raul is sort of a traitor.

pretty surprise. that mean Torres have a chance to go to RM too?

Torres already pubicly said he will not play for RM and that he will some day return to play for AM perhaps ending his career there.

As for Raul and Guti, I guess its inevitable. They are (1) Expensive (2) Past their prime and most importantly (3) has the influence to undermine the new coach with their influence and contacts within the club - one new generation of emperor, one new generation of subjects.

(edited)

He is not a traitor. If you look at the facts correctly, he has no choice but to go to RM. At that time he was a youth player at AM, AM decided to scrap the youth system and thus Raul had no choice but leave the club. Then he crossed over and was received by RM. The rest, as they say, is history.

It is a surprise to me that a player of his statute fell foul of Aragones' plans to be included in Euro 2008 and then the World Cup 2010 but Bosque. Bosque was his RM's coach during the early part of the millenium.

Edited by Yuan

Turbocharged

Torres already pubicly said he will not play for RM and that he will some day return to play for AM perhaps ending his career there.

As for Raul and Guti, I guess its inevitable. They are (1) Expensive (2) Past their prime and most importantly (3) has the influence to undermine the new coach with their influence and contacts within the club - one new generation of emperor, one new generation of subjects.

sadly now aday, Public declaration hold for nothing.

afterall a certain rednose wont sell even a fly to RM and yet sold C.R to them.

we can only wait and see.

Turbocharged
(edited)

He is not a traitor. If you look at the facts correctly, he has no choice but to go to RM. At that time he was a youth player at AM, AM decided to scrap the youth system and thus Raul had no choice but leave the club. Then he crossed over and was received by RM. The rest, as they say, is history.

It is a surprise to me that a player of his statute fell foul of Aragones' plans to be included in Euro 2008 and then the World Cup 2010 but Bosque. Bosque was his RM's coach during the early part of the millenium.

didn't know that.

but what so surprising? a player that is past his prime should either 1) retired or 2) go to another club so as to ease the club finances.

Edited by Joseph22

For someone of his age and the role he is playing in his team, Casillas is considered young.

He might follow the footsteps of his precedessor, Santiago Canizares, by going to another spanish club should he be rendered as an excess to RM and I doubt it will be AM or the Catalans.

yep... i assume only...

In my opinion, they should have asked Hierro to stay at that time and now offered the same to Raul.

Luckily you all not managers.

If a player is deemed surplus to requirements, it makes no sense to keep them as players just because they are influential.

If you want to offer them careers as coaches/trainers its okay.

But to pay them million dollar salaries just to stay at the club is not financially wise.

↡ Advertisement