HID flicker

LoverofCar

I turn my HID light to auto and sometime, one side of the lamp will flicker and go off.....I turn off and on again...the light comes on....anyone know whether it is bulb or HID circuit issue?

↡ Advertisement

faster sell away your HID to unsuspecting buyers. quick!!

No lah..mine is factory fitted one...take out I use candle light meh...haha....Need to go AD to see got cure or not...sigh

Hello - Can I know did you managed to find out if it is the bulb problem or something else? Mine seem to have the same problem.

I turn my HID light to auto and sometime, one side of the lamp will flicker and go off.....I turn off and on again...the light comes on....anyone know whether it is bulb or HID circuit issue?

No lah..mine is factory fitted one...take out I use candle light meh...haha....Need to go AD to see got cure or not...sigh

can put candle light meh? =p

(edited)

Light bulb reaching end of life. Have it replace, no biggy.

I recall discussing here some time back.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

for this case...normally it is the bulb issue!!

Hello - Can I know did you managed to find out if it is the bulb problem or something else? Mine seem to have the same problem.

Not yet resolve....Appointment with AD on Tues...Will keep all posted on si mi problem...

Most of the time this problem of blinking HID bulbs have 3 areas to look. 2 is already mentioned Bulb & Ballast problem, but I think it is mostly jus a connection issue, this is our experience in the aftermarket installation. HID harness & connections has to be well installed bec alot of high voltage current goes thru them.......

came back from AD.....and the root cause is the HID bulb. Ballast all ok. This AD, drop bumper and disassemble the whole system and later said is the bulb,....so stupid...and they wanted to charge me $700+ for 2 damn bulbs so I asked them to go fly kite...