Which insurance is the cheapest and is more detail?

Lamemonster

(edited)

Got quite confuse on their term ..., some got windscreen excess some dont have ... some say 3rd party injuries not covered some say yes.. .

Price also alot difference some 700 some 1200... and is base on same profile..:wacko:

Hope people here in MCF can enlighten

American Home Assurance Company - Commercial Vehicle Insurance

American Home Assurance Company - AIG AutoPlus Insurance

American Home Assurance Company - AIG AutoPlan Insurance

Asia Insurance Company Limited (Singapore) - Motor Insurance

Aviva - online - Quoted $789

AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd - SmartDrive

Asia Direct - online -Quoted $700

China Insurance Co (Singapore) Ltd - Car Insurance for Honda Car Owner

First Capital Insurance Ltd - Motor Insurance

India International Insurance Pte Ltd. - Motor Insurance

Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd - MotorMAX Insurance

Nanyang Insurance Company Ltd - Private Motor Car

Nippon Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd - Nippon Motor Protection

NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd - Motor Insurance - quoted $1200

Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance (S) Ltd - Car Shield

Sompo Japan Insurance Company (Asia) Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

Tenet Insurance Company Ltd - Private Car Insurance

United Overseas Insurance Ltd - Motor Vehicle Insurance

Zurich Insurance (S) Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

Edited by Lamemonster
↡ Advertisement

I use to go for the cheapest car insurance that is available.

But now getting old, very the kia see.

Looking to get car insurance that cover flood and act of god like fallen trees.

Aviva and Direct Asia although cheap but I don't think they cover flood and act of god.

(edited)

Pai say, just found out that both Aviva and Direct Asia car insurance do covers flood and water damage to the

insured vehicle

http://www.aviva-singapore.com.sg/about-us.../news_0062.html

Good to know that, seems like they put up the notice only on 16 June 2010.

But they did not mention about damaged by trees leh ..... damaged by fallen trees

think second to flood at the moment.

Edited by Cybertech

So far, Aviva only mentioned flood but nothing on the act of god.

But Direct Asia did mention in their website the below:

 damage caused by storm, water or acts of god

We will cover the cost of repairing your car up to the market value of your car if it is damaged by an act of god, a storm (including lightning), flood or other water damage

Got quite confuse on their term ..., some got windscreen excess some dont have ... some say 3rd party injuries not covered some say yes.. .

Price also alot difference some 700 some 1200... and is base on same profile..:wacko:

Hope people here in MCF can enlighten

American Home Assurance Company - Commercial Vehicle Insurance

American Home Assurance Company - AIG AutoPlus Insurance

American Home Assurance Company - AIG AutoPlan Insurance

Asia Insurance Company Limited (Singapore) - Motor Insurance

Aviva - online - Quoted $789

AXA Insurance Singapore Pte Ltd - SmartDrive

Asia Direct - online -Quoted $700

China Insurance Co (Singapore) Ltd - Car Insurance for Honda Car Owner

First Capital Insurance Ltd - Motor Insurance

India International Insurance Pte Ltd. - Motor Insurance

Liberty Insurance Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (Singapore) Pte Ltd - MotorMAX Insurance

Nanyang Insurance Company Ltd - Private Motor Car

Nippon Fire & Marine Insurance Co Ltd - Nippon Motor Protection

NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Ltd - Motor Insurance - quoted $1200

Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance (S) Ltd - Car Shield

Sompo Japan Insurance Company (Asia) Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

Tenet Insurance Company Ltd - Private Car Insurance

United Overseas Insurance Ltd - Motor Vehicle Insurance

Zurich Insurance (S) Pte Ltd - Motor Insurance

you just list all the insurance company and ask us to look thru all the finer details ourselves?

at least lets us know the terms of your quotes then we can advise you mah

but i give you a brief understanding

excess - the money you p ay upfront in the event of an accident that is your fault... the balance will be paid by insurance company

windscreen excess - the money you pay if you need to change windscreen usually $100 or free

3rd party injuries - not sure but it should be covered regardless of what they say, that is what insurance is for beside paying for repairs

excess for young/un-named driver - the money you pay first if someone else that fall into the cat drove your car and got into accident

so now you got to ask yourself.... how likely will you get into an accident? eg: does your driving style make you more likely to kena accident, will someone else drive your car and is likely to get into accident, etc... with these few questions i think you will know which coy to choose...

3rd party injuries - not sure but it should be covered regardless of what they say, that is what insurance is for beside paying for repairs

This is required by law. It is the bare minimum coverage that you can purchase.

It is put in place to prevent some joker from permanently disabling another due to a motor accident and being financially unable to answer for it.

The Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) takes care of the stray ends by covering those accidents whose culprit cannot be held responsible, however the scenario may be.

Direct Asia refused to offer me car insurance. The reason? Two incidents recorded with my current insurer in the last three years. Never mind that the first was not my fault and the employer of the vehicle paid for my (minor) repair. And that the second is still under dispute. What is worse, they refuse insurance to anybody who has been refused insurance by another company. It's ironic that if every insurer acted like Direct Asia then I would not be able to drive at all as no company would offer me insurance. And I do consider myself a safe driver.

Direct Asia refused to offer me car insurance. The reason? Two incidents recorded with my current insurer in the last three years. Never mind that the first was not my fault and the employer of the vehicle paid for my (minor) repair. And that the second is still under dispute. What is worse, they refuse insurance to anybody who has been refused insurance by another company. It's ironic that if every insurer acted like Direct Asia then I would not be able to drive at all as no company would offer me insurance. And I do consider myself a safe driver.

i think you can go to GIC and make noise. My frd did that the last time. Basically, everyone is entitled to insurance, question is Only how much.

i think you can go to GIC and make noise. My frd did that the last time. Basically, everyone is entitled to insurance, question is Only how much.

That is what I told them I was going to do. I was so angry with them. I could also highlight some of their other unethical practices described here in this forum such as raise premium or deny insurance for windshield claim or damage done to car while broken down. After reading all this I think they are just as bad as Aviva. I did manage to see their quote from experimenting on their webpage putting in different number of accidents. They give same quote for 0, 1 at fault and 1 not at fault incident. For 2-3 incidents declared, they ask you to call them (which is what I did initially). Anyway, their quote is low but not the cheapest I've found. I'm not sure I want to waste any more time on them now complaining.

I clarified with Direct Asia. If you have made two incident reports in the last three years, whether claimed or not, whether your fault or not, they will refuse to quote you for car insurance. What is worse, these blood suckers are now insisting that every single incident be reported whether damage to your car or not and whether no claim or not, and then use that against you when you do report. So you can't win - report incidents even if you are not at fault and you are denied insurance - don't report and any future claims from that incident are repudiated and you can be penalised, NCD taken away, policy voided etc. I asked if that is regarded as refusal to insure or refusal to quote as some insurers ask if you have ever been refused insurance when applying. They said it is refusal to quote. But I am not sure if there is a distinction that can be made because surely refusal to quote means refusal of insurance? In effect what Direct Asia are doing is not rewarding safe drivers but transferring the cost of unsafe drivers onto both unsafe and safe drivers. I guess the only people who would benefit from Direct Asia are those who drive very little. Might just as well not drive the car at all the way they operate.

I use to go for the cheapest car insurance that is available.

But now getting old, very the kia see.

Looking to get car insurance that cover flood and act of god like fallen trees.

Aviva and Direct Asia although cheap but I don't think they cover flood and act of god.

no insurance cover for nature disaster

Some say dun go for NTUC insurance, claim is very mafan.

I don't know about claiming speed, but it seems to be the most expensive when compared to the rest when I asked for quotations.

Edited by Beng2

Supercharged

Can insurance pay 6 months only?

I had asked my current insurer and they say cannot. They claim this is an industrial practice. But I intend to pay 6 months road tax, so insurance also pay 6 months lor.

Can insurance pay 6 months only?

I had asked my current insurer and they say cannot. They claim this is an industrial practice. But I intend to pay 6 months road tax, so insurance also pay 6 months lor.

cannot

↡ Advertisement