Can non car owner sell car on-behalf for friend?

Hyppopo

Neutral Newbie

hi all need advice... i am currently on long overseas work assignment. I have a car collecting dust in the parking lot at home. Is it possible to get my family or friend to sell the car while i am not in Singapore? What kind of document do i need to prepare? What kind of authorization need to provide for my friend to show to buyer? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

hi all need advice... i am currently on long overseas work assignment. I have a car collecting dust in the parking lot at home. Is it possible to get my family or friend to sell the car while i am not in Singapore? What kind of document do i need to prepare? What kind of authorization need to provide for my friend to show to buyer? Thanks.

of course you can.

just need to send/fax an acknowledgement form to LTA and bank(if you are still on loan).

write off with, "that someone" will be doing it on your behalf since you are not in SG.

Neutral Newbie

thank you for the reply. i will go check out LTA website for the form. Anybody has the exact link? [laugh]

The proper way is to grant a power of attorney. Approach a lawyer to craft the document.

↡ Advertisement