Luncheon meat

Terras14

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the luncheon meat we eat is call " wu chan rou" ? How did the name come about? Many thanks.

↡ Advertisement

luncheon meat is good stuff.

not discriminating / disrespecting / racist , but then seriously its really a pity that some other religions doesnt allow followers to eat pork.cos in my honest opinion ,

they are missing out one of the best canned food out there , which is the luncheon meat.

(edited)

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the luncheon meat we eat is call " wu chan rou" ? How did the name come about? Many thanks.

because it is made from mix parts of a pig, from the nose to the butt.

Basically they use "wasted" meat from pigs, mix them up and create our favorite tin.

Yes, to some health experts, it is unhealthy as we do not know which part of the meat if in our tin of luncheon meat.

午餐肉 supposedly is 五mix(chinese dono how to write)肉 so that it sounds and looks better, marketing strategy!

Edited by Tom_kkh

Food that taste good is more often than not..UNHEALTHY.

So sad. But so true. Like some fundamental law of this universe.

Chocolate, deep fried stuff, cheese, marrow, shell fish, etc etc.....le sigh.

Preserved and processed meat better to avoid eating. Have not eaten luncheon meat for almost 25 years :o

In fact all produce from China, canned food etc, I have them banned.

Yahor, why not breakfasteon or dinnereon meat? Why called luncheon meat?

because it is made from mix parts of a pig, from the nose to the butt.

Basically they use "wasted" meat from pigs, mix them up and create our favorite tin.

Yes, to some health experts, it is unhealthy as we do not know which part of the meat if in our tin of luncheon meat.

午餐肉 supposedly is 五mix(chinese dono how to write)肉 so that it sounds and looks better, marketing strategy!

how about ham? it is also made from unknown parts of the animal?

I like the Tulip brand. Its the best when cooked together with onions, eggs in the Luncheon meat's own fat . Eat it together with steamed rice give you a smile on your face. We often eat this outfield during reservist.

how about ham? it is also made from unknown parts of the animal?

if sliced ham, then no. ham is just cured pork.

but sausages are usually made from chapalang. unless u get the high grade kind or u make it urself [:p]