Anyone into HK cantonese song (80s~end 90)

LoverofCar

I am 182. ^_^

that was at the 3rd level of the dream, translate that to now, real time, this moment....??

↡ Advertisement

that was at the 3rd level of the dream, translate that to now, real time, this moment....??

He is in limbo state.....

Turbocharged

jeez, u guys watch too much movies. dun learn bad things. <_<

Popular ones many people know.

Recommend some not so popular ones:-

如果你知我苦衷 - Vivian Chow

痴心换情深 - Vivian Chow

听不到的说话 - 吕方

[:p]

Yeah.. i was a crazy vivan chow fan when i was young. Had all her posters, cassette tapes ... :D

許冠傑 ---纸船

I think he is my favourite from the old timers...even before Alan Tam etc...

extracted from Wiki

""1970s: Rise of television and the modern industry

Roman Tam, the godfather of Cantopop[5]The previous decade laid the ground for the creation of Hong Kong's new pop music. Many local bands mimicked British and American bands. Two types of local Cantonese music appeared in the market nearly concurrently in 1973: one type cashed in on the popularity of TVB's drama series based on the more traditional lyrical styles. The other was more western style music largely from Polydor Hong Kong. Notable singers from the era include Liza Wang and Paula Tsui.

Television was a new technological marvel, available mostly to the rich, and on-air content was highly valued and respected. Soap operas were needed to fill air time, and many popular Cantonese songs became TV theme songs.[2] Around 1971, Sandra Lang, a minor singer who had never sung Cantopop before, was invited to sing the first Cantonese TV theme song "The Yuanfen of a Wedding that Cries and Laughs" (啼笑姻緣). This song was a collaboration between songwriters Yip Siu-dak (葉紹德) and the legendary Joseph Koo. It was ground-breaking and topped local charts.[2] Other groups that profited from TV promotion included the Four Golden Flowers.

Samuel Hui, the lead singer of the band Lotus formed in the late 1960s, signed onto Polydor in 1972. The song that made him famous was the theme song to the movie Games Gamblers Play, also starring Hui.

The star of TV theme tunes was Roman Tam, whose singing earned much praise. Three of the most famous TV soap opera singers were Jenny Tseng, Liza Wang and Adam Cheng.[2] The Wynners and George Lam also amassed a big fan base with their new style. Samuel Hui continued to dominate the charts and won the Centennial Best Sales Award in the first and second IFPI Gold Disc Presentations twice in a row in 1977 and 1978. Polydor became PolyGram in 1978."""

wow, u totally smitten by her or wot? have not got over it yet? btw, she is ard 40+ now, just saw her ad for some beauty centre in some magazine. Yes, still chio as ever, aged seamlessly. [inlove]

She married the wrong guy.That guy cheated.PUI.

Otherwise my profile could be changed to "married". [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

wah bro...this song reminds me of Amara Roller Skating Ring....which design like Lorelei and Midnight Ghost @ Ochard Plaza....!

yaya....those were the days....forming dragon in roller skate disco....with baggy pants......or Alibaba style pants..... with I love tokyo shoe........:wub:

snap-2.jpg

Edited by LoverofCar
↡ Advertisement