Singapore a satellite city of China ?

Jasonjst

Some chinese FT joking say : We dont need to attack you , at this kind of birth rate , citizens become less and less and china FTs/ FWs will out number us eventually . You see 2.5M citizen vs 4M FTs/FWs in 2015 , what abt 50yrs now the road... ? 90% FTs/FWs liao

A lot of top students now are also FTs , these will be our next generation leaders once they got citizenship.

Can this ever happen ? :huh:

↡ Advertisement

Some chinese FT joking say : We dont need to attack you , at this kind of birth rate , citizens become less and less and china FTs/ FWs will out number us eventually . You see 2.5M citizen vs 4M FTs/FWs in 2015 , what abt 50yrs now the road... ? 90% FTs/FWs liao

A lot of top students now are also FTs , these will be our next generation leaders once they got citizenship.

Ah Kong wont easily die off one la....

[laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

It will be the 2nd Shenzhen.. people come and work for money and go home eventually and sooner or later there probably won't have much "Pure Singaporean" around.

I'm excited when this happen, there will be alot of showering places, ktvs and massage centre.. LOL! But then probably we all grow too old to enjoy those.. =(

Yes. I think this is correct. Even though I born and breed here, I have to agree and utterly disappointed and very angry with government policy.

1. Student pass given to private students, whom some or maybe many turn to be freelance hooker.

2. Go to NTU or NUS during lunch hours; easily at least 45% of chinese are from china and many are on full scholarship where Singaporean students are paying on their own means.

3. Remember the foreign affair minster, ah yeo: he 认祖归宗 in china some time back

Because the new citizens will surely vote for P*P, for those who are like me: born and breed here--> vote wisely PLEASE

we were from china 100 yrs ago. so more china man comin wats the diff?

Ya,according to my father,my grandfather was a Chinese dissident in China.

The Communists wanted to catch him.He was very agile,slipped thru like a fish and come to Singapore. [laugh]

If u haven't realise by now... most of the chinese singaporeans have grandparents or great-grand parents who are born in china and come over here to work and live many years ago.

So wats so special? We're just goiing thru the cycle once aain. [laugh]

It will be the 2nd Shenzhen.. people come and work for money and go home eventually and sooner or later there probably won't have much "Pure Singaporean" around.

I'm excited when this happen, there will be alot of showering places, ktvs and massage centre.. LOL! But then probably we all grow too old to enjoy those.. =(

How do u define pure singaporean?

Pure or native singaporeans are the malays where their ancestors have been here since eons ago.

oh quite a big difference. 100 years ago, China was isolated, not a great place to be in. Many migrated here for a better life. Today, that's not really the case. SG may be a place where they try to milk it, with no attachment to the country. And when problems come, they'll just go home. Yes, same chinaman coming, but under very different circumstances.

[laugh]

I think the diff is we got to do NS, got to work without retirement . FTs/FWs got best of both world make $$ here and can retire at maybe 55 or 60 in china with big villa liao ! [gossip]

Ah Kong wont easily die off one la....

[laugh] [laugh]

I am OK w Ah Kong lah.It's his successors lor.Really Burger King. [:(]

Side track a bit.I think Ah Kong often eat ginsengs,$1000+ a piece ones.

That's why he so full of vitality.He got money,it's ok lor.

My mother says we can't afford tat ex ones,so we just settle for cheaper ones lor.Paisei lah! :D

Neutral Newbie

i have nothing against fts. if i were in their position i will definitely do the same.

anyway ppl coming up with all these policies are sporeans [laugh]

which is why i never developed any hatred for fts

anyway if you guys are free you can watch this... animal farm [laugh] just like what we are having here... sporeans screwing sporeans [laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZldlyeR8DU

Turbocharged

i'm proud to be a singaporean chinese...

i like chinese culture, but i'm loyal to singapore

i like chinese festivals, traditions and values, but i like to eat laksa and nasi lemak rather than peking duck or ma po tofu

i like chinese language, but i'm more comfortable in singlish

kinda confusing huh [laugh]

if there's a day when singapore is asked to integrate into a greater china, i will vote against it

oh quite a big difference. 100 years ago, China was isolated, not a great place to be in. Many migrated here for a better life. Today, that's not really the case. SG may be a place where they try to milk it, with no attachment to the country. And when problems come, they'll just go home. Yes, same chinaman coming, but under very different circumstances.

I agree. even my many friends can't be bother to be citizen and just be PRs (for more than 10 years now);They see no point in converting...and they make a point recently: Singapore Citizenship is too easy to get, which this is very TRUTH

↡ Advertisement