Recommendation for in-car road scene video recorder

Kelpie

Hi all,

After the freak incident involving a bike that kissed my rear and ran away, I'm determined to install the in-car video recorder not just the front but at the rear as well. Hope to get a pair over the weekend.

Sorry that I've skipped the other 2 long winded discussion on the gadget as I want to be very specific and also to lower my expectation now:

1. Which is the smallest recorder I can get in the market? No PDA or Handphone option.

2. Auto start and stop.

3. HD quality and play back resolution.

4. Longest recording time possible (high storage memory).

5. No messy wiring like ciggy lighter wire.

6. Reliable and cost effective.

Kindly recommend one.

Thank you Thank you very much ^_^ .

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Wats your budget? I have 4 but have yet to install any. I think the top of the line is the DRS1100 pro with GPS embedded. Abt $300++. This is used by AdrianLi

(edited)

Wats your budget? I have 4 but have yet to install any. I think the top of the line is the DRS1100 pro with GPS embedded. Abt $300++. This is used by AdrianLi

am using the same, very reliable.

1. Which is the smallest recorder I can get in the market? No PDA or Handphone option. - can hide behind the front windscreen top sticker, but u must make sure it don block the GPS

2. Auto start and stop. - go any audio shop and ask tem to connect direct to your fuse.

3. HD quality and play back resolution. - clear and good. even night video, but only 15fps, some ppl don like it, but it doesnt bother me so long its clear

4. Longest recording time possible (high storage memory). - have not checked how long it can last for 4gb car. Roughly about 2-3 hrs

5. No messy wiring like ciggy lighter wire. - can go audio shop and hide it

6. Reliable and cost effective. - bought mine for $350

coming back to question 4. every clip is abt 1 min. no lapse time between files. if the g-sensor detach any "impact", sometime can be activated due to aggressive cornering or even driving too fast across a hump, it will automatically "merge" your file a and b into 1 filer for easy viewing, making that clip 2 -3 mins long depends on impact.

eg. before going across hump and after hump, "impact felt, files from before and after hump will be merged automatically

As for longest recording time, my view is, would u still drive your car for a long period of time after an accident? if your car still can move that is.. so 2-3 hrs is good enough to reach my home or office after the accident and download the accident clip.

don waste money to buy the highest memory card money can buy, it really doesnt serve any purpose, to me at least.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Which is model that you have? PM me the price if convenient.

Thanks.

Regards,

Which is model that you have? PM me the price if convenient.

Thanks.

Regards,

YUP...it is the DRS 1100PRO....Got it for $350.

Online thru Amazon, you can get it for USD$269

self install ?

er...haven install [laugh] [laugh]

Still sitting on my desk collecting dust [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Bro Kelpie...think the F500HD would be good enuf for you. Contact that parkingidiot [laugh] [laugh] see if he ordering on behalf of others

that is pretty ok too. Heard good reviews from that thread...$180

why buy so many [laugh]

it record into it's HD ?

yes, all are HD...why buy so many??? er...not sure which to get...get all lah [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

yes, all are HD...why buy so many??? er...not sure which to get...get all lah [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

ha ha

if interested in selling let me know.

meet 4 idiot drivers in orchard yesterday, making me thinking if i should get 1 [laugh][laugh]

ha ha

if interested in selling let me know.

meet 4 idiot drivers in orchard yesterday, making me thinking if i should get 1 [laugh][laugh]

The idiotic drivers are everywhere.

I am also interested in one. But I need to repair my inlet fuse connection.

Bro Kelpie...think the F500HD would be good enuf for you. Contact that parkingidiot [laugh] [laugh] see if he ordering on behalf of others

that is pretty ok too. Heard good reviews from that thread...$180

I am quite keen to get one.

Neutral Newbie

Think there was a GB recently in the thread. Been looking for one for sometime. Keen to get one too.

Have you gotten the F500HD? Is the GB still on?

Regards,

u better email parkingidiot...eh closing the order tomorow

↡ Advertisement