Complete IDIOT guide to boleh land..

So_nice

after owning a car for so many years, i have never driven into boleh land before. looking for some kind souls to teach me the way there. ^_^

my target is simple..juz wanna learn how to go shopping, buy dvds, makan..etc etc..at a start, i haf a outdated nokia 6110 navigator as my gps..(if tat helps, haha)

pls share ur experience, the routes to get there and things to lookout for..thanks! [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Most importantly please keep to your left when you are not overtaking..

it is a good practise to not hog the road..

hope you manage to find your way around.you can also use the google map to

plan your route beforehand. [thumbsup]

Learn some simple Malay phrases, it'll come in useful other than having the directions to the places.

after owning a car for so many years, i have never driven into boleh land before. looking for some kind souls to teach me the way there. ^_^

my target is simple..juz wanna learn how to go shopping, buy dvds, makan..etc etc..at a start, i haf a outdated nokia 6110 navigator as my gps..(if tat helps, haha)

pls share ur experience, the routes to get there and things to lookout for..thanks! [;)]

Bro, try not to worry too much, It's a matter of " Heng Sway" thing. Some of our bros here go in left right north south also bo tai chi. Some going in one or two times kena robbed or car stolen. Of course some precautious meaasurement must be made. example walk in a group, don't walk in isolated lane road. For ladies more alert on their bags watched out for snatch thives,,,,etc etc...

thanks for the tips..but i'm quite a road idiot. wat are the usual shopping places in jb to visit?

i'm thinking of going in to buy mooncakes..where to recommend? hehe :)

i was like u....quite worried initially... but now, when i feel like it, just drive in...dun worry too much...quite ok.

for a start, try city square...then pelangi plaza.....then tebrau city...haha

:)

haha..i wanna testing myself 1st. cuz promised my ger wanna learn how to go jb so can bring her there. but postpone too long le. wanna learn and surprise her. sg really too bored le. :(

Turbocharged

haha..i wanna testing myself 1st. cuz promised my ger wanna learn how to go jb so can bring her there. but postpone too long le. wanna learn and surprise her. sg really too bored le. :(

ger means gf or daughter?

cos usually not recommended to go into JB as a couple..personally, i only went in once with my gf(2 of us only)..other times, always in a group of 2 cars or more..

Edited by Shull

On the way home, fill up with RON97, and not RON95 - you risked getting fined RM100K on your maiden trip if you really sway and get caught by plain clothed enformencement officers.

ger means gf or daughter?

cos usually not recommended to go into JB as a couple..personally, i only went in once with my gf(2 of us only)..other times, always in a group of 2 cars or more..

couple is okay lah. as long as somewhere with many singaporeans hang out is fine.

Depends on which part of jb you go.. if you are nearer to tuas, its quite okie... if you are nearer to woodlands there quite chaotic, if you go with guys go checkout woodlands but with wife and kid then go nearer to tuas, tuas side not much replica dvd but good shopping and clean... woodlands side alot more happenings.. i highly recommend you to go nearer to tuas side if it involves kids.. please central lock when you are in the car k... also keep all valuables away and dress shabby as well as keep all jewellery and watches at home, if need to wear gold chain for religious purpose try to tuck it inside the shirt and not leave it expose... money put some in wallet, some in pocket, driving that time put fifty dollars in wallet in yens tl them no money if kenah summon.. strongly recommend buying a gps like garmin, go to giant hypermart think can get below 240.. if you intend to go in often, then worth getting and i can give you coordinates too hahhaa

First of all learn to respect and be humble. If its Malaysia just state it and not with names like Boleh Land. I am sure you don't like it when people start calling you a sinky.

thanks for the tips..but i'm quite a road idiot. wat are the usual shopping places in jb to visit?

i'm thinking of going in to buy mooncakes..where to recommend? hehe :)

I went Jusco TC last sat, there was a lot of mooncakes stalls set up outside the Jusco supermarket. So you have a wide range/prices to choose.

this is the time to use what we are famous for.......................kiasu.................

just be very careful and kiasu a little, better safe than sorry.

I drive in often, but still very kiasu, and always stand- to when you are there, no stand down until you reach singapore! Best of luck.

when I started it was holiday plaza, got food, DVD and many more, the building maybe just a little old tho................ enjoy!

Depends on which part of jb you go.. if you are nearer to tuas, its quite okie... if you are nearer to woodlands there quite chaotic, if you go with guys go checkout woodlands but with wife and kid then go nearer to tuas, tuas side not much replica dvd but good shopping and clean... woodlands side alot more happenings.. i highly recommend you to go nearer to tuas side if it involves kids.. please central lock when you are in the car k... also keep all valuables away and dress shabby as well as keep all jewellery and watches at home, if need to wear gold chain for religious purpose try to tuck it inside the shirt and not leave it expose... money put some in wallet, some in pocket, driving that time put fifty dollars in wallet in yens tl them no money if kenah summon.. strongly recommend buying a gps like garmin, go to giant hypermart think can get below 240.. if you intend to go in often, then worth getting and i can give you coordinates too hahhaa

yup, bukit indah not bad. got a few big malls there

↡ Advertisement