COE qn

Gammaray88

Neutral Newbie

hi all,

I have a thought in mind....

For exisiting car owners, we already have our COE coupled with our old car.

If the govt idea is to control the no of cars on the road, can we jus change the car and use back the old COE?

meaning if I currently hav a 3 yr old Vios, can i sell my Vios and get a new CIvic and use back the old COE? now I will have 7 yrs of COE left for my CIvic which is a brand new car.

If this can work, it will be best! no need to pay the high COE now and there will also be no increase in no of cars on the road...

PS: pls dun blast me :)

↡ Advertisement

hi all,

If the govt idea is to control the no of cars on the road, can we jus change the car and use back the old COE?

meaning if I currently hav a 3 yr old Vios, can i sell my Vios and get a new CIvic and use back the old COE? now I will have 7 yrs of COE left for my CIvic which is a brand new car.

If this can work, it will be best! no need to pay the high COE now and there will also be no increase in no of cars on the road...

it used to be like that somewhat during my father's days... but now forget it

Since I already Got a HDB.

I wonders will gov allows me to exchange for another new hdb with lesser remaining years?

In theory it seems workable.

But is it fair?

hi all,

So wat are u going to do with your 3 yo Vios that w/o a COE then? Scrap?

Neutral Newbie

scrap or sell the 3 yr old Vios and transfer the old COE (with 7 yrs left) to the new car...

therefore, there is still 1 car on the road. jus that it is a newer car! and this is good for environment too as newer car has lesser emmision...

but just imagine how much resources are wasted just to make your new car to replace a still new car....

don't joke about reducing emissions lah....

Vios 1.5L VS Civic 1.6L/1.8L and you're polluting less with your new car???

↡ Advertisement