I need professional advice!

Talkativeboy

Around 1++ - 2 weeks ago, i met an accident at the West(Insurance case still pending). I was driving my car straight down a main road. As i was about to reach the yellow box of a turning spot for the opposite traffic, a car from the other side suddenly dash through towards a side road on my right that leads to a market. I had to brake immediately to avoid him. Unfortunately, i crashed into the side of his car. In this situation under BOLA, who has the right of way? He said i was speeding so he didn't see me coming. Can i have some professional advice on the take of this situation?

Last week, my insurance company advised me that this situation is most likely 50-50 cause he can claim that i crashed into him while he was making a turn. Until today i have yet to receive any news so i am a little worried.

Thanks alot guys! ^_^

Oh, and there were no injuries, no skid marks and the contact was quite minor. Can these be evidence that i didn't speed? I really didn't speed by the way. I might have been walking on the line 5km/h below the speed limit, but then again, how can i proof that i did not speed?

Edited by Talkativeboy
↡ Advertisement

You speeding or not is not the issue. u have the right of way and he crossed your path. More like 99% the other party's fault imo................

Edited by Hamburger

Neutral Newbie

You speeding or not is not the issue. u have the right of way and he crossed your path. More like 99% the other party's fault imo................

Depend on if the other party try to put the blame oh him or not...

Good luck to TS.. you must be firm and stabd your ground.. don't let the other bugger makan you...

Whose fault or not.

Insurance company will still want to allocate blame to both parties.

Next year insurance co can raise both parties premiums!

Singaporeans should stop worrying about who is right and wrong in most accidents.

INS co do not care as it's tedious to investigate every case.

Just put 40-60% if it's obvious one party is more wrong. Or 50-50 if both parties insists both not wrong!

Next year earn back from higher premiums from both parties.

This is how INS works in Singapore!

What is there to defend?

Even the other party is 100% fault.

Your premiums will still raise next year. As you are deem to be in an accident before. You are accident prone in the eyes of the INS co!

No need to argue and lose sleep. Get it repaired from ur own INS is faster!

Twincharged

really nothing much to say .... no witness, no proof .... just go give statement to your INS and wait for judgement.

my 1.5 yr old case just coming to a close ..... car try to beat red light, jabs me when i making a turn. Stupid camera i installed was blurred .... forgot to ask for withness who stopped to help me. Judgement offered is 50/50.

but my premium doubled !!! - even after 20% NCD.

now i have 3 vid cameras in my car. i active, 2 stby.

↡ Advertisement