Welcome Foreign Talent With An Open Heart

Latka

Seems like these fellows got no sense of shame and keep treating us like 5 year olds. Looks like their mentality not changing at all. Just makes me sick to the stomach to have to listen to these demonic propaganda being spewed out.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has called on Singaporeans to welcome foreign talent with

↡ Advertisement

I like the last part when he said that workers can look forward to better wages and bla bla bla. Don't know where he get his data from?

My pay is stagnant for don't know how many donkey years and there's not even bonuses for this year. The best part is that I'm seeing more

foreigners in my workplace and suddenly i realized that the foreigners are actually welcoming me instead. [rifle]

Neutral Newbie

from the top it looks fine

but on ground level it is sometimes very different

i used to be a trainer training asst engineers arnd 3 years back... ive trained sporeans, prc, indians, malaysians, filipinas, myanmar guys

there is this one guy i will never forget

this guy from china was sent to be trained under me.... degree in engineering... 5 years work experience... commanding a salary of $3000(now should be much higher)

he know nuts abt engineering... he was so bad a secondary school kid would have done a better job... but he is a very obedient guy.... ask him to go run get a spanner he will get for you.... ask him to run get a screw driver he will get for you... this eventually became the permanent jobscope of our $3000 ft engineer

well most prob his degree is fake.... and when checked his history he was hired by a prc manager.... moreover it is a mnc

i will not be bias and say all fts are like that... there are those hardworking ones.... i am just sharing the story of my worst trainee in my 5 year service

i just pity the sporean ns guys who come in to train under me for less than $2k.... fts their age were already earning arnd $300 more and some high flyers have secured leadership roles already

well too bad [laugh]

Its weird....I dont know what is happening to my mind.

Last time I look forward to LKY and Goh presenting their speeches on Singapore.

I felt motivated and proud to be Singaporeans listening to the olden speeches.

Yesterday.....I watch speech out of habit.

I did not enjoy a bit or feel anything listening to it.

Nothing to feel proud of, nothing that is encouraging us.

ALL NEGATIVE.

1) Economy will be bad in second half lah.

2) Please help the FT to integrate into citizens lah. Do not be ungracious and ungrateful towards the FT lah.......

3) Please support YOG lah.

KNN.....the desperate call for support for YOG just cracked me up!

What a lame speech!!

The worst ever I have heard!

Edited by SimonTan

Seems like these fellows got no sense of shame and keep treating us like 5 year olds. Looks like their mentality not changing at all. Just makes me sick to the stomach to have to listen to these demonic propaganda being spewed out.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has called on Singaporeans to welcome foreign talent with

Didn't even bother to catch the speech. 1/3 of the population are FTs. In a couple of years time, this stat will surely rise ad we become like the Principality of Monaco where only the minority are true Monagasque.

Neutral Newbie

A leader is supposed to be inspiring. But i find this fella has lost it.

hahaha you are wrong.... it is actually very inspiring.... to the fts.

fts will be the majority soon... he has not lost it. everything is going as planned. ^_^

If the OP wins, they will have lots of things to start improving.. Not to mention lots of previously unknown documents which we, as citizens are suppose to know be disclose without any ommission.. I can see if they win it would be a very difficult task for them ahead and I don't think its gonna be so easy to make that change within a few years.

IMO, the speech is just the prelude.

I'm anticipating more newsflow focusing on SG working with 2nd tier Chinese cities, attracting their people and foreign capital towards SG. Also, it's only logical for our Govt to work on loosening the restrictions on moving money from China to SG.

Didn't even bother to catch the speech. 1/3 of the population are FTs. In a couple of years time, this stat will surely rise ad we become like the Principality of Monaco where only the minority are true Monagasque.

Monaco might be in a better plight than us.

better wages? most likely will compare the "median" wage.. the salary of the rich gets richer and brings up the median wage..

one sentence... we are FCUKED

true....cos u dont see FTs littering the streets or beavhing like a-----es in public transport or the roads....

Jordan is another example. FT more than citizens but Citizens are rich [laugh]. If I'm correct, Middle East countries mostly like that.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

true....cos u dont see FTs littering the streets or beavhing like a-----es in public transport or the roads....

Not quite sure how many FTs actually visited MCF.

Hi all, better exercise restraint if not MCF short of FTs to visit and may close shop [laugh].

Regards,

I didn't even watch it. To be frank, you know why Singapore roads are more dangerous and insurance premium and business costs are going higher in Singapore? Thanks to the fast and furious FT Drivers.

Last Week, I just got banged by a Lorry driven by our FT. I saw him driving dangerously, changing from Lane 3 to Lane 2 and back to Lane 3 a few times just so that he can be infront. I drive slowly on the 3rd Lane and damn unlucky that I become ahead of him due to the slow smooth traffic on the 3rd lane and guess what I saw from my rear mirror, the Lorry is right behind me, tailgating me. Then the big cement truck infront of me come to a stop as he give way to the cars filtering into the expressway. I stopped and the truck just bang me from behind. Serious damage to my car.

Guess who's paying for the damage? The insurance company will pay first but rest assure, they'll get it back from the logistic company and us by increasing the insurance premium. So Should I welcome FT? Yes, if the government define clearly what're FT and ensure that they're ready Talent that Singapore needed, not low wage worker.

↡ Advertisement