Ugly year long dispute

SimonTan

according to the article Mr chong already met you and paid you monetary compensation? So case closed?

Yes, case closed between me and him. But I cant stop the press from publishing on this case.

↡ Advertisement

ok......hope it covers all your cost of doing up the scratched paintwork and punctured tyres.

i know you cannot reveal the details but I sincerely hope it is enough.

ok......hope it covers all your cost of doing up the scratched paintwork and punctured tyres.

i know you cannot reveal the details but I sincerely hope it is enough.

Let's just say that it will never be enuf cos the mental torture and time wasted is priceless......similar to what that clown is suffering now....

did a quick check and hell knows who has seen it and called him...and maybe more so now..serves him right...bugger

yep. the intangible losses will nvr be enough.

but i hope adrian lee at least gets back his cost.

Nope, the monetary compensation was insufficient to even pay off the first case. All my friends say I am a goondu to let him off so easily with so little compensation. But to me, peace of mind is what I need most rather than monetary compensation.

I told him straight in the face, I have already spent so much in this dispute and prepare to write it off as my loss. If I were to pursue, it will cost even more, an injunction and compensation to high court appeal is S$8,000. If this case goes to court and trial, it cost another S$15,000. Total is S$23,000 to put Mr Chong behind bars. Sorry but I do not have that kind of money to play with. That is civil justice to the Singapore Law, only the elites and rich can play.

I will not pursue this case further, I'll let nature takes it course.

Comparing this to Peter Lim's case. Though no similarity but it comes to show the one with money to pay would get "justice" , $23,000 just to go through the notion ? I always thought vandalism is punishable by law ?

If i'm poor how? Means no justice as i can't afford fight the case? Is there any "assistance" for the poor in such cases? Something that maybe those who know can share so that we can protect ourselves against anything like this.

Edited by CH_CO

Let's just say that it will never be enuf cos the mental torture and time wasted is priceless......similar to what that clown is suffering now....

did a quick check and hell knows who has seen it and called him...and maybe more so now..serves him right...bugger

ok please own up, did you make those calls?? [sly] [sly]

you went thru it...you know best....any action taken is time and money.....not to mention the metal stress....I think we will just need to conclude the below :

If someone is unhappy about someone...find a bankrupt to scratch the person's car if he has one....but beware not to do more than three times...Anything less will be let go with a warning....precedent set...case close... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

i believe the nature will not be easy for him from now on [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Not only assistance for the poor, even middle income earners cannot afford to pay just to get a guy behind bars, that is the reality of life in SG and one aspect that I disagree on....

Nope, the monetary compensation was insufficient to even pay off the first case. All my friends say I am a goondu to let him off so easily with so little compensation. But to me, peace of mind is what I need most rather than monetary compensation.

I told him straight in the face, I have already spent so much in this dispute and prepare to write it off as my loss. If I were to pursue, it will cost even more, an injunction and compensation to high court appeal is S$8,000. If this case goes to court and trial, it cost another S$15,000. Total is S$23,000 to put Mr Chong behind bars. Sorry but I do not have that kind of money to play with. That is civil justice to the Singapore Law, only the elites and rich can play.

Its ok. Just take it as a closure and move on. Things will even up over time :) Anyways, his offer of compensation is a clear admission of quilt already.

Its ok. Just take it as a closure and move on. Things will even up over time :) Anyways, his offer of compensation is a clear admission of quilt already.

Just to correct this, any compensation made is usually without admission of guilt.

ie legally this point cannot be used.

↡ Advertisement