Ugly year long dispute

SimonTan

Tell him if he returns, u got all the hiatee to support you. [laugh]

Robo, u will be 1st to "beautify" Chong's car.

settled is settled between 2 parties. black/ white also cannot chup chew. move on time.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Going to the media was never to sort justice if you had read the previous very long thread I started. Justice was gone when Police and AGC issued a warning only. Compensation was gone when my lawyer found out he is a bankrupt. And to sue a bankrupt I will need to seek the permission of the high court, thats where the hefty legal fees comes in.

Going to the media, my objectives were :

1) Shame Mr Chong Say Ting

2) Show the injustice and inefficiency of SPF and AGC

3) Warn fellow motorist abt the consequence of exchanging too much details in an accident

I need the exposure so far has met all three objectives I had laid down for myself. He come out from hiding the very second day of the media exposure.

When someone tells you in ur face : "I know your full details and address, I am a bankrupt and have nothing to lose. I may return if provoked." What are ur priorities at that point of discussion??? Put urself in my shoes. It has been six months of mental torture from both the authorities and Mr Chong, dont you want to end it when given the opportunity??? I was prepared to walk away empty handed during the discussion with Mr Chong.

Bro, i totally understand and agree with wat u said. If i were u, i'd do the exact same thing. We're not looking for justice (be it punishment to or compensation from Mr Chong) as it was out of the picture. For other bros here, they're baying for Chong's blood but for u, being right in it, it's emotionally traumatising and therefore priority should be to put an end to all of it so dat ur life can normalise.

U made the right decision, don't let others make u tink differently.

Take care.

I agree what you did is best for everyone.

i've been through legal tussle and i can tell you, it drains your time, money and more importantly, you and your family's mental stress.

Since you've gotten your objectives met, let bygone be bygone. Move on for a better tomorrow.

Record already then report him to the police again??? And get the same reply from police again after another six months of mental torture??? Wat will police do to a recorded conversation??? Even a HD video recording also cannot nail him.

I have already lost faith in SPF, AGC and the entire justice system.

Just curious Adrian, he came wif others to meet u or was it one to one mtg?

But if u cannot answer n'mind.

It was one on one meeting.

On the phone, he ask me to suggest a place to meet. I told him the best place is my residence since he came just this afternoon to put a letter under my house door to tell me to contact him. We met at the roof top garden where it is monitored by HDB's CCTV. So that if any of us try anything, it will be captured on video.

Please man, the video is not sufficient evidence? I think that face is burnt into my brain & I will never forget till i die [laugh]

don't worry, u can always look at my avatar if u need to look at his face.

Turbocharged

11 August, 2010

Car vandal caught! (Ground Zero Pt 1)

[02:41]

A serial car vandal who plagued his victim's car over and over eventually got caught, but was not prosecuted.

From scratched paintwork to slashed tires, RazorTV finds out what happened.

http://www.razor.tv/site/servlet/segment/m...airs/51904.html

Edited by Mcf777

Wat say we come up wif some slogans for Chong Say Ting, print it on T shirts and sell them? Great way to shame the son of a prostitute.

Turbocharged

hahahaha......police not above the law. Kana suan by the hotel recep.

====================================

STOMPer Celine was shocked when a Caucasian man who boarded her cab refused to pay the fare. The passenger was apparently frustrated that the STOMPer was talking on the phone while driving.

The STOMPer claims that she was talking on her hands-free set and even helped the passenger load his luggage inside the taxi boot.

Celine recounts this unpleasant incident:

"On 11 August 2010 at 9.32am, a Caucasian man boarded my taxi from Changi Airport Terminal 3 to go to Changi Village Hotel.

"I helped him load his luggage inside the boot all by myself. He didn't offer to help even though I am a woman.

"During the journey, my handphone rang.

"As it was an urgent call, I apologized to the passenger and told him that I needed to answer this call but the passenger kept quiet.

"After which, I answered the call on my bluetooth hands-free set.

"At Changi Village Hotel, I again assisted the passenger to unload his luggage.

"At this point of time, he grabbed his luggage and shouted that he will not pay the taxi fare as I was on the phone throughout the journey.

"Despite my countless apologies and explanations, he continued to insult me and refused to pay the taxi fare of $13.80. Thereafter, he walked into the hotel to check-in.

"Shocked by his actions, I called Comfort and the police. I informed him that I had called the police.

"The passenger mentioned arrogantly that he had "no time for my nonsense" and left. There was nothing I could do to hold him back.

"Police arrived and approached the hotel staff to enquire about the passenger but they said they were unable to help without a written letter from the police.

"Traumatized by the incident, I proceeded to file a police report. However, I was told to lodge a complaint at the Subordinate Courts, who in turn directed me to go to the Land Transport Authority and Comfort.

"I spent the entire day filing complaints and seeking redress but nobody helped me, just because he was a foreigner.

"Where

Hope Comfort re-imburse her for it. And we hold FT up so high. This random incident sure puts a dent in their percieved 'better than thou' attitude towards asians.

It is shocking and disappointing how much effort the ordinary singaporean has to go through to enforce justice. He shouldn't even have to be the one to gather evidence himself in the first place!

What seemed to have been a straightforward case turned into just a verbal warning in the end.

As car owners, the more important issue is that this has set a precedent. Without any punishment meted out, what is there to stop other vandals from doing the same? This high profile issue is seriously sending out a risky and wrong message. Our properties are at a higher risk than ever before.

As much as I hope something can be done, I know nothing will.

STOMPer Celine was shocked when a Caucasian man who boarded her cab refused to pay the fare. The passenger was apparently frustrated that the STOMPer was talking on the phone while driving.

The STOMPer claims that she was talking on her hands-free set and even helped the passenger load his luggage inside the taxi boot.

Celine recounts this unpleasant incident:

"On 11 August 2010 at 9.32am, a Caucasian man boarded my taxi from Changi Airport Terminal 3 to go to Changi Village Hotel.

"I helped him load his luggage inside the boot all by myself. He didn't offer to help even though I am a woman.

"During the journey, my handphone rang.

"As it was an urgent call, I apologized to the passenger and told him that I needed to answer this call but the passenger kept quiet.

"After which, I answered the call on my bluetooth hands-free set.

"At Changi Village Hotel, I again assisted the passenger to unload his luggage.

"At this point of time, he grabbed his luggage and shouted that he will not pay the taxi fare as I was on the phone throughout the journey.

"Despite my countless apologies and explanations, he continued to insult me and refused to pay the taxi fare of $13.80. Thereafter, he walked into the hotel to check-in.

"Shocked by his actions, I called Comfort and the police. I informed him that I had called the police.

"The passenger mentioned arrogantly that he had "no time for my nonsense" and left. There was nothing I could do to hold him back.

"Police arrived and approached the hotel staff to enquire about the passenger but they said they were unable to help without a written letter from the police.

"Traumatized by the incident, I proceeded to file a police report. However, I was told to lodge a complaint at the Subordinate Courts, who in turn directed me to go to the Land Transport Authority and Comfort.

"I spent the entire day filing complaints and seeking redress but nobody helped me, just because he was a foreigner.

"Where

Turbocharged

Actually this is also correct. It is not the place of the reception to just release his private information to anyone that cook up story (how are the people at reception supposed to check the validity of the driver's claim?) For a hotel, the privacy of their guests should be sacroanct, in particular information that the guest gives to them in processing payment or similar. This is given to the hotel in expectation of privacy, it should take something of the "strength" of a police letter to break that privacy, not some random cabby claiming that the guest is a cheat. (again - how is the recept supposed to know? Do you really want them making a judgement on the guilt of the guest? What if the guest was a battered wife and the cabby was her hubby that was a good actor?)

↡ Advertisement