Another Yankee Blunder : O'Neill Quit AV ........

Picnic06-Biante15

Soccernet Reports : Martin O'Neill quits as manager of Aston Villa

Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of Aston Villa just five days before the start of the Premier League season.

There had been speculation over his future at Villa Park with the impending sale of James Milner and interest in Ashley Young from Premier League rivals.

O'Neill was close to leaving Villa at the end of last season but opted to stay after talks with owner Randy Lerner.

"Aston Villa can confirm that Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of the football club with immediate effect,'' the club said in a statement.

O'Neill, who enjoyed successful spells in charge of Leicester City and Celtic before moving to the Midlands, is thought to have grown frustrated with a lack of funds to push the club on to the next level.

That was not helped by the sale of Gareth Barry to Manchester City last summer, and with James Milner almost certain to walk the same path, speculation is rife that a frustration at not being able to strengthen is to blame for O'Neill's departure.

He could have been Liverpool manager should he quit at the end of last season .......... [sly]

Another American own club ...... [thumbsdown] Those Yankees ............... [shakehead][shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

hmmmm......... RH in-charge of the main league while O'Neill in-charge of Europa Cup, FA Cup and League Cup ...... [cool][cool]:D:D

Joint-manager? Still remember Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier? Furthermore, O'Neill is more keen on the Man Utd job.

Joint-manager? Still remember Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier? Furthermore, O'Neill is more keen on the Man Utd job.

maybe he predict old fark will die these few days?

Edited by Falcon1668

1 mountain cannot hit 2 tigers. [:p]

Sigh....

I wondering where will he be heading to....

Anyway, Aston Villa got buy any players for this coming season????

<_< <_<

He might be taking a break and bidding his time and chances for another EPL and possibly bigger club.

He might be taking a break and bidding his time and chances for another EPL and possibly bigger club.

Taking a break n pray daily that the old fark die... i mean retire early [laugh][laugh]

Taking a break n pray daily that the old fark die... i mean retire early [laugh][laugh]

I thought that Portuguese big mouth has been designated as the heir....to succeed Old Fark.

Anyway, Old Fark not Singaporean so he has a retirement age. Going off at 70 is not early retirement la.

I thought that Portuguese big mouth has been designated as the heir....to succeed Old Fark.

Anyway, Old Fark not Singaporean so he has a retirement age. Going off at 70 is not early retirement la.

old fark follow singapore style la ..... after so-called retirement, he become senior manager, and then manager mentor