Hungry Ghost Month ....

Typhoonz

Neutral Newbie
They have their reservations to a certain extent... I would say some don't believe but would be best to avoid...

That means they believe lor...cheh...they just don't admit they believe lah. Bluff themselves... believe or not nothing wrong what. its cool to have ur own religion and beliefs.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

u know why? bcos singaporeans all super kiasu one. look at these people who goes to motor shows or car launching or exhibitions... whatever brochures, posters paper bags...bla bla bla...take first then say.... same lor, whatever superstition, they believe first then say lah... [laugh]

Ching ming is a good practice to remember your ancestors, thats how the Chinese inculcate their culture of respecting the elders...but a lot of people actually mystified all these festivals which got to do with the deads.... they always think ghosts and punishments... all because of fear.

Neutral Newbie
i don't think ang mog ghost will come out lah. Only Taoist ghost. Buddhist ghost don't come out...but I think Buddhist will use the period to remember the dead and pray for them. I could be wrong... [:p][:p][:)][:)]

Buddhists actually celebrate something called Ullabama (Yu Lan Jie), which is always mixed up with the 7th month hungry ghosts thing by the uncles and aunties. This festival celebrates the completion of the meditation, nothing to do with the ghosts. [;)]

Last time I am not those superstitious type but somehow it sure had some influence.

2 yrs ago in the middle of the 7th month, I kanna a chain collision along PIE..4 cars were involved so we moved to road shoulders to exchange contacts and took pics. Within 10mins, another chain collision occur at the same spot ! But minor..3 cars.

While we are waiting for tow truck to tow the car, another accident happen ! 2 cars crossed path and hit the bumpers. Crappy sia. heng no one is seriously hurt.

Turbocharged

i tot thats normal?

typical SGporean mentality..see accident must kaypoh..then never realise the car infront also slow down to kaypoh..multiply this by a few drivers..voila..kena multiple chain collision..

Might as well say 7th month cannot buy condom? [hur]

Cannot bet 4d, totto.

Cannot accept job promotion.

Cannot swim, run, fly, walk. [flowerface]

i don't think ang mog ghost will come out lah. Only Taoist ghost. Buddhist ghost don't come out...but I think Buddhist will use the period to remember the dead and pray for them. I could be wrong... [:p][:p][:)][:)]

Buddhists actually celebrate something called Ullabama (Yu Lan Jie), which is always mixed up with the 7th month hungry ghosts thing by the uncles and aunties. This festival celebrates the completion of the meditation, nothing to do with the ghosts. [;)]Thanks for your clarification. Yup, it's true that a lot of people think that Buddhist also celebrate Hungry Ghost Fest.

Don't say bo chup... Just a more relaxed family...

not relax.. really bo chup ley.. can't be bothered.. [laugh][laugh] mix with laziness too.. [:p]