New Renault Megane Sport?

Rayoflight

Neutral Newbie

I gave the car a test drive on monday... absolutely wonderful car.

Its the first thing I've driven since buying my Fiat Bravo T-Jet that makes returning to the Bravo seem... disappointing.

Now I've got a bad bad case of I-wants. Group buy? [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

The car price was quoted at 146K, with quite a lot of standard features.

Driving this car was really quite an event... I was told the official launch is on the 26th of this month, and that the price is a special pre-launch price...

I wonder how true this is... Does anyone out there have experience with these first launch gimmicks?

The car price was quoted at 146K, with quite a lot of standard features.

Driving this car was really quite an event... I was told the official launch is on the 26th of this month, and that the price is a special pre-launch price...

I wonder how true this is... Does anyone out there have experience with these first launch gimmicks?

usually pre-launch prices are lower than the price when the car is officially launched....

so ya....

[laugh]

Neutral Newbie

which version you test???

the Megane RS 240bhp???

or just the normal hatch???

They don't have the normal hatch in the showroom from what I can tell. I tested the same yellow Megane that you saw running around in woodlands i believe.

247bhp, or 250 metric horses =D Dang good drive (They didn't set the thing to sport I think. It was on the lower throttle response). But I think the sales person didn't do a very good job... Quite uninterested. Might use someone else when I go back. Luckily a friend of mine introed her salesperson there.

(Evo claims that according to their rolling dynometer it actually outputs 270bhp, but they're the only ones to give this kind of figure)

strange leah....

http://www.renault.com.sg/

Renault Singapore only have the 5door hatch info leah....

haha....

[laugh] [laugh]

but till they bring in the 1.4Turbo 130bhp version,

the dated 1.6L 100bhp or 110bhp versions won't be flying off the shelves i guess....

<_<

but i guess auto versions of the car is only available in the 1.6L engines....

$153K after discount. omv is about $35K. so which car will you buy? Renault will dep like liao.

That price cos you are an existing owner? I thought VAG at most 4k discount for bigger models

Turbocharged

That price cos you are an existing owner? I thought VAG at most 4k discount for bigger models

they are having a $17K promo previously. dont know if the promo has ended.....

Turbocharged

oh ya....

i forgot VW now having promo on their cars....

hehe....

but the Renault Megane RS does give a fresh face to the conti mid-sized hatch....

i got the chance to "molest" the car before it was shown to the public. the recaro seats are sweet.......and i love the dashboard yellow facing dial. looks like a ferrari....

what is i love most is the exos. can't wait to test drive this beauty....

Neutral Newbie

OMV is about $28K and for $146K selling price, i rather take the Roc R.

its beautiful thou.

Hello, you got the OMV figures from the people at Renault? Hmm. that IS on the high side.

But the ROC is with all the Kit? The good thing about the 146K is that they already specced everything plus the kitchen sink. So its like, no need to spec more.

But i think its a bit expensive for nett pricing. It should be closer to $128K then people will bite.

Turbocharged

yap. that is what i ask the SA from Renault. This RS is pretty well equipment but the price is crazy unless you are so in love in this car.

my friend got a Opel Corsa 1.6 turbo. omv $26K there about and he got it below $80K. that was one yr ago when COE is still low.

↡ Advertisement