My 15yr old Skyline

Strudel-

Just joined the forum and thought I might share my mistress with everyone. She's a 1995 series 1 R33 GTR V-Spec N1 (N1 being the same variant used for Nissan Group A racing). I was told by a trusted source that only 98 R33 N1s were built. Below is some difference between the standard GTR and the N1.

- The RB26DETT N1 is an upgraded version of the standard RB26DETT engine. It was first developed by Nismo for Group A racing purposes.

- water cooling channels in the block are enhanced to increase flow. The block, and internal components are also strengthened.

- The pistons have 1.2 mm (0.047 in) top rings

- Balanced Crankshaft, The specifications of the camshafts were also improved for power.

- The N1 engine uses the same parallel twin turbocharger layout but with improved turbochargers. The N1 engine also received an upgraded oil pump and water pump, to improve the cooling and lubrication of the engine. The N1 engine is identified by its 24U number stamped on the

block, as opposed to the 05U stamp on standard RB26DETT engines. It also came stock with an oil cooler.

- The turbine wheels on the new turbochargers are made from steel, rather than the weaker ceramic used for all standard GT-R models. The R33 N1 engine was slightly revised, with larger turbochargers than the R32 N1 engine, supporting more power if the engine were to be modified.

- They were advertised as making the same 280 PS (276 hp) as the standard model, but with the lighter engine parts, and more efficient turbochargers, the engine would make closer to 350 hp (260 kW).

- No "luxury" options which includes, air-conditioner, floor mats, rear wind screen wiper and radio/CD player.

I've owned the car more 1.5 years and below are some mods which I have done.

1) Nismo Monoblock Forged LMGT4 18"x9.5" +12 rims with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 285/30/18

2) Trust Full Titanium Catback Ti-R

3) Apexi Power FC ECU

4) Apexi Power FC Boost Controller Kit

5) Just Jap Racing Ceramic Hi-flow Cat (cheapo Aus brand)

6) HKS Stainless Steel Front Pipe

7) Air-con (this is acutally the first mod as the car doesnt come with it)

8) Tein Super Street Coilover

Heres a couple of my favourite photos.

post-73759-1281654333_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654351_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654447_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654453_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654459_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654466_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654480_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654488_thumb.jpg

post-73759-1281654491_thumb.jpg

My Wife's Beetle and my Mistress

post-73759-1281654495_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

oh u r from aust?

Yes. I'm Singaporean though, just Australian PR and work/live here.

Thanks for all the kind words.

(edited)

Thanks. Forgot to add, its been tuned by 1 of Brisbane's best GTR tuner and currently pushing 255awkw (340awhp) at 16psi (N1 turbos are good for 20-22psi easily). Will push more boost once I got all the supporting mods done. I would like to see 300awkw (400awhp).

Edited by Strudel-

FP is pretty dead when it comes to car stuff seriously. I'm actually at work and cannot use programs like msn which is why I keep whoring forums to keep myself entertained. Hahaha.

FP is pretty dead when it comes to car stuff seriously. I'm actually at work and cannot use programs like msn which is why I keep whoring forums to keep myself entertained. Hahaha.

You think [laugh][:p] Yeah most of us here do the same forum whoring [:p] and if you look around, you'll realise we've exhausted most of the tech stuff here too and because we aren't so hands on in sg, its not too much like SAU (or at least SAU I remember from 2007 and earlier). Lots of entertaining topics though! The usual trolls, etc still apply [laugh]

You think [laugh][:p] Yeah most of us here do the same forum whoring [:p] and if you look around, you'll realise we've exhausted most of the tech stuff here too and because we aren't so hands on in sg, its not too much like SAU (or at least SAU I remember from 2007 and earlier). Lots of entertaining topics though! The usual trolls, etc still apply [laugh]

For tech stuff, I'll go to SAU for sure. People there are very helpful and it more relevant for what I'm after anyway. But its good to be talking to fellow Singaporeans at times.

The local (SG) car scene is very different from Aus probably mainly due to import rules. We just dont have the market for it. I know someone that drives an FD in Singapore and recently had to rebuild his engine. He cant find a proper tuner for the car believe it or not but I'm not surprise. Every car is different and I dont believe theres someone out there that can be good at every car.

Its a shame but I guess that something part of living in Singapore. I dont think I'll be able to afford having an old performance car in SG at all.

Australia of course la....anything goes....and ppl need cars there....

anyway nice car....

how is the weather over there?

Edited by Ithunk

For tech stuff, I'll go to SAU for sure. People there are very helpful and it more relevant for what I'm after anyway. But its good to be talking to fellow Singaporeans at times.

The local (SG) car scene is very different from Aus probably mainly due to import rules. We just dont have the market for it. I know someone that drives an FD in Singapore and recently had to rebuild his engine. He cant find a proper tuner for the car believe it or not but I'm not surprise. Every car is different and I dont believe theres someone out there that can be good at every car.

Its a shame but I guess that something part of living in Singapore. I dont think I'll be able to afford having an old performance car in SG at all.

can u break down the cost structure of owning a car in Aus? really curious to know...

can u break down the cost structure of owning a car in Aus? really curious to know...

Well buying a car here is way cheaper comparing to SG ONLY if you dont take a loan. Fuel is cheaper too (on the cheapest day, 1.35/L for 98) but you gotta factor in the distance travelled here would be further than SG.

Alright now the actual cost,

Honda Civic 2L Sports leather and full option - $34k drive away (I know because I was thinking of buying this when I gave up the R34 GTR dream but found this N1 instead)

Insurance (vary with type of cars) - $800 (above 25yr old) PA to $2.5k PA (young driver with performance car)

Fuel - $1.35/L (cheapest day of week) and around 1 full tank per week.

Registration (aka Rego or similiar to road tax) - $600+ (4 cyclinders) or $800+ (6cyclinders) need to look up website.

Car Loan (if you do end up financing) - allow 10% or 15% (imports)

Normal servicing (oil change filter etc) - $100-150

A BMW 125ci is around $75k drive away with full option if you wanna compare to SG. The only thing you cannot compare import. Import prices in SG will be way higher than here due to regulation.

Australia of course la....anything goes....and ppl need cars there....

anyway nice car....

how is the weather over there?

Thanks. The weather's still a lil chilly at night and in the morning. Its spring now so its very comfortable.

Well buying a car here is way cheaper comparing to SG ONLY if you dont take a loan. Fuel is cheaper too (on the cheapest day, 1.35/L for 98) but you gotta factor in the distance travelled here would be further than SG.

Alright now the actual cost,

Honda Civic 2L Sports leather and full option - $34k drive away (I know because I was thinking of buying this when I gave up the R34 GTR dream but found this N1 instead)

Insurance (vary with type of cars) - $800 (above 25yr old) PA to $2.5k PA (young driver with performance car)

Fuel - $1.35/L (cheapest day of week) and around 1 full tank per week.

Registration (aka Rego or similiar to road tax) - $600+ (4 cyclinders) or $800+ (6cyclinders) need to look up website.

Car Loan (if you do end up financing) - allow 10% or 15% (imports)

Normal servicing (oil change filter etc) - $100-150

A BMW 125ci is around $75k drive away with full option if you wanna compare to SG. The only thing you cannot compare import. Import prices in SG will be way higher than here due to regulation.

Thanks for sharing.

↡ Advertisement