Andriod Users!

Ethene

Hi guys ! Who is using Andriod mobile devices now?

Just got a Sony Ericsson Andriod phone but quite lost with the OS.

Is it true that it cannot install applications downloaded off the net like how i did on windows mobile? meaning i die die must apply data plan to download applications through the phone?

[confused][confused]

And anyone can share good place to download andriod applications?

↡ Advertisement

Is it true that it cannot install applications downloaded off the net like how i did on windows mobile? meaning i die die must apply data plan to download applications through the phone?

[confused][confused]

not true. you can download and transfer the installation file (apk) via usb and install it.

but having said that, why not get a data plan? unleash the true power of your andriod man!

[confused][confused]

use wifi to download lah

Turbocharged

was using office communicator and garmin gps (using malsingmap) on winmo...switched to andriod and found that there isn't any.. have become too dependent on them [:(]

any gurus have an idea where to get them on andriod?

was using office communicator and garmin gps (using malsingmap) on winmo...switched to andriod and found that there isn't any.. have become too dependent on them [:(]

any gurus have an idea where to get them on andriod?

Bro use google map. Ive test and it work equally well

ANY SE X10 mini users can help?!

Im going crazy soon. For the past 1 hr ive been trying to change my sms ringtone.

Ive searched the entire google but still have no solutions.

Anyone can give a step by step method to change my sms ringtone!? ARGH [knife][knife]

ANY SE X10 mini users can help?!

Im going crazy soon. For the past 1 hr ive been trying to change my sms ringtone.

Ive searched the entire google but still have no solutions.

Anyone can give a step by step method to change my sms ringtone!? ARGH [knife][knife]

download "handcent sms"...you can change whatever u want.... [:p]

sync your windows mobile contacts to your PC windows contact or Outlook contacts. Then sync from PC to android, or export the contacts into CSV and import it into Google Contacts.

Have been using htc desire for 2mths so far so gd, easy to use. Cant compare it to iphone since i nvr used it before. But i personally do nt like to buy things that are too popular, everyone using.

Have been using htc desire for 2mths so far so gd, easy to use. Cant compare it to iphone since i nvr used it before. But i personally do nt like to buy things that are too popular, everyone using.

Hi, do you use your hp as a GPS device while driving? Does it tell you like:"100m turn left" etc jus like in an actual gps unit or does it jus show you e 2D map?

Hi, do you use your hp as a GPS device while driving? Does it tell you like:"100m turn left" etc jus like in an actual gps unit or does it jus show you e 2D map?

I'm using Desire too with hax8d papago. It's a full fledge GPS sw with function view and really nice 3D buildings on certain areas. Only complain is that the navigation route given seem not as good as my old 205W Garmin. It has voice navigation with no TTSH but not as good as garmin one too as it talk too much with clicking sound at the end.... annoying...

[confused][confused]

huh.. get android phone without data plan? you are wasting the phone.

But for apps, you can try getting them on 4shared.com. Put the file into your phone and use appinstall to run it. But.. just get the data plan lah.. your life will be different.

The Desire is a very gd phone.. too bad i got it too early.. shld had waited for Desire HD. Previously was using the HD2 and it sucks big time on windows.

Edited by Chrispie

But for apps, you can try getting them on 4shared.com. Put the file into your phone and use appinstall to run it. But.. just get the data plan lah.. your life will be different.

The Desire is a very gd phone.. too bad i got it too early.. shld had waited for Desire HD. Previously was using the HD2 and it sucks big time on windows.

Am using the HD2 with Android 2.2 =P not bad theres this app called applanet try googling it, theres tons of free apps on it

Android phone, even without data plan, is quite functional. Nowadays almost everywhere got free WiFi to tap on, if you're not a heavy data user.

I'm using Desire too with hax8d papago. It's a full fledge GPS sw with function view and really nice 3D buildings on certain areas. Only complain is that the navigation route given seem not as good as my old 205W Garmin. It has voice navigation with no TTSH but not as good as garmin one too as it talk too much with clicking sound at the end.... annoying...

Thanks for e info manz! Jus a couple of qns. Do we need to pay for e software? Wats TTSH? Does it update regularly via data plan? And is it capable of accurately searching via postal code?

Am using the HD2 with Android 2.2 =P not bad theres this app called applanet try googling it, theres tons of free apps on it

Oh manz, you mean you can run android on windows hp? How did you do it? =)

↡ Advertisement