MOE forces students to attend YOG

Johorat

If I am not wrong, its counted as their CIP hrs too...so "Forced" is too strong to describe it...besides, its a good experience for the students too

I don't see anything forcing words like attendence is compulsary etc. :huh:

neither do I......can always decline........

but it does appear they have learnt their lesson in meals provision? LOLz

what if the parent does not want the kid to attend even though the kid is "Specially Selected" (I wonder what's the criteria for the special selection - best in sports in school, or best student, or what?).

Normal consent forms have "I agree/I disagree*" *please delete accordingly

I don't see that in the above form. Does this mean the parent only has a "choice" to agree? That sounds very much like veiled way of saying "attendance is compulsory" to me.

dun flame me hor, heard from my nephew its not compulsory and only certain students from their school choosen, meaning he want to go(can skip lesson mah) also cannot coz not choosen.

The interesting thing is the banned on bottles that has Nike and Adidas specifically cos Coca-cola is the sponsor [;)]

nothing new, the recent south africa world cup also got a bunch of dutch ladies arrested for wearing a dutch beer t-shirt.

the power of $$$.

ask ur nephew to run w slipper, cry for the flame and he will be invited.

i think if put the flame near enough, the smoke will bring him to tears.

aiya, nowadays kids very rich lah, he say oledi bought tickets to the football match, no need to be invited.

Do you guys remember in the 90s, we have this book about singapore called THE NEXT LAP?

I remb we were also 'forced' to buy...and if u have siblings studying same sch as u, then u can be excused not buying. meaning, each family must have 1! lol

I don't see anything forcing words like attendence is compulsary etc. :huh:

It depends on how you read it [rolleyes]

When the parents not happy, even invite to royal dinner also deem as 'forced' -_-

It depends on how you read it [rolleyes]

When the parents not happy, even invite to royal dinner also deem as 'forced' -_-

Invititations to cantonment complex also very biankeong [laugh]

It seem like everyone want to start a thread to thrash YOG ....

I think the air stink this week because of YOG due to too much sweat produce by the games.... can complaint to NEA?