MOE forces students to attend YOG

Johorat

It seem like everyone want to start a thread to thrash YOG ....

I think the air stink this week because of YOG due to too much sweat produce by the games.... can complaint to NEA?

[laugh] i think most of the other forums also..trend of the moment..CNA one more hiong..LOL,till threads deleted etc [laugh]

Edited by Freestylers09
↡ Advertisement

I don't see anything forcing words like attendence is compulsary etc. :huh:

The letter is not asking for the parents consent, i remember they used to seek parents concent for outings like Zoo , Bird park. maybe times have changed and the schools "own" the kid during school hrs.

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] i think most of the other forums also..trend of the moment..CNA one more hiong..LOL,till threads deleted etc [laugh]

hahaha lets see how long sgp can be gracious.... <_<

Go is ok lar...And don't go also ok lar....invitation can be rejected 1 mah...just don't know why cannot nike and adidas...so puma etc etc can lar...ha ha ha....very funny...so if I buy ticket go see...the ticket will say cannot nike or adidas also ??? ha ha ha....real funny....or someone sponsor the kids to go...and specially say this two brand not allow ??? then what if they wear a nike shirt???

My son also got letter but a consent form. I don't need to disapprove, my son eager to go watch weight-lifting [laugh] But no mention on Nike or Adidas...

Weren't most of us forced to attend this event, that event and so so parade etc etc while we were in school? Think this is no different.

Come on, stop thrashing THE YOG......

Force ?? Are you sure ??

My daughter in Primary One also going YOG tomorrow.

She is very excited about it ...

Kids sure wanna go la, freedom! I wanna disapprove my son wants to rebel!

Speaking about the word 'invited', 'invitation', 'encouraged', and other similar words, I recall an incident whereby my batch cohort was 'encouraged' to attend an important ceremony officiated by TCH. Because of the word 'encouraged' in the invitation letter, a HUGE MAJORITY of the cohort chose not to attend. At the actual event, with an estimated 30% attending only (based on 'agar-rism' and the size of the ceremony hall), the officials were apparently taken aback by the lack of numbers. After the event, the then Direction of <censored> was reprimanded and every one in the chain-in-command also got it. However, one of the highly professional staff explained on the use of the term 'encouraged' and henceforth, the subsequent events, the word 'encouraged' was never used and it is mandatory to attend unless with valid reason and documentation.

I was one of the 70%. [laugh]

Force ?? Are you sure ??

My daughter in Primary One also going YOG tomorrow.

She is very excited about it ...

ahh.... childlike innocence and trust.... any outing is exciting to them.. wait till they grow up and see the real world, instead of this wayang... she'll lose this innocence very fast.. [:(]

Technically many things are of course done on a non-mandatory basis. But behind the scene, there might be some arm twisting going on.

People jolly well know the consequences if they are not co-operative.

anyone saw the Hungarian weightlifter - lila bukaki? first time saw a weightlifter so slim, tall and busty!

are we allowed to oogle at the youth olympians?!?