MOE forces students to attend YOG

Johorat

I think "kena arrow" is a more appropriate words than "force". ..though the meaning is still the same.

↡ Advertisement

my school was the "chosen one" for SYF OC On-stage performers=> you know those who wear ridiculouly looking costumes dancing throughout the OC???

i hated the time wasted staying back after school, where i could have spent doing my work or other things....

wanted to bail out, but teachers are always on the lookout, attendance are taken and there's even a lock down of the school compound (to prevent students from escaping after school) for the first few practice sessions.... [bigcry]

teacher say will give "participation points and SYF will add to my CCA Records"....

i told them can i not have it then???

they say cannot, plus you mention this again, we'll give you 3 demerit points (3 demerit points = 1 suspension from school)....

WTH....

[furious][furious]

[hur]

not forced, but chosen. i suppose nothing can be forced upon a child since his parents ultimately decide. if only they had such selections for F1. Nonetheless, the fact they need to select people to go shows the lack of interest in the event.

pardon me but dont u read between the lines

they dont have to say i force u

just casually omit the option, so that all gets the message

not forced, but chosen. i suppose nothing can be forced upon a child since his parents ultimately decide. if only they had such selections for F1. Nonetheless, the fact they need to select people to go shows the lack of interest in the event.

Arhh . .. The Chosen One.

wee weeee weeeeee [laugh] <Kung Pao>

Hmm no offence but hw many yrs ago was that? Nowadays parents are e kings n queens...some principals kow tow to them, parents complain, can get anything, or get away with anything. But of coz there r some sch leaders w strong principles n nt scared of parents, but getting fewer n fewer.

Imo, it's not moe forcing the students, more like e schs, but i m sure if e selected std do nt wish to attend, this learning opportunity can always b given to others.

Forgot to add, if i m a parent, i would like my child to be involved in sch activities, ndp, syf etc rather than their own extra activities outside sch like loitering under void decks, smoking, glue sniffing, gambling, hanky panky with bf/gf.... if u think i'm exaggerating, just wait n see

Forgot to add, if i m a parent, i would like my child to be involved in sch activities, ndp, syf etc rather than their own extra activities outside sch like loitering under void decks, smoking, glue sniffing, gambling, hanky panky with bf/gf.... if u think i'm exaggerating, just wait n see

apart from ndp, yog, also got other meaningful activities like gym, sports, volunteering at homes, playing an instrument etc.

As a parent I can tell you, all these sch activities get too much pretty fast... and the grades suffer....

Soon... you'll want to bar your kid from everything

Check out mypaper 17aug, page A14.

last sunday marina bay Click five concert only 300 audience. Mostly volunteers manning the booth cum some invited VIP guest.

No wonder they need school children to fill up the events hall now!

Empty seats in the events halls, if broadcast to worldwide audience, will not be good.

Better get cheap kids, much cheaper than volunteers as can save on food, to fill up the seats!