MOE forces students to attend YOG

Johorat

Sorry bro...

Even the yog ez link DBS debit card c--k up.

Out of 10 maybe 1-2 can't be used to open the mrt barrier and they won't replace for u

good one....

YOG ain't serious i guess....

is the EZ-Link cards the same they give to atheletes???

I don't think athletes are given right?

And they have transport to and from malls

Seems like the YOG concert is mean for the 7th month brothers.

cannot be right? this must be the practice or soundcheck only?

i read that article....the title is quite ironic.

first of all, she said she got free rides from mrt...then later she said bus drivers dont give free rides..

she sld just say the crappy YOG card given just doesnt work.

Check out mypaper 17aug, page A14.

last sunday marina bay Click five concert only 300 audience. Mostly volunteers manning the booth cum some invited VIP guest.

No wonder they need school children to fill up the events hall now!

Empty seats in the events halls, if broadcast to worldwide audience, will not be good.

Better get cheap kids, much cheaper than volunteers as can save on food, to fill up the seats!

it's good having kids around!

Turbocharged

ahh.... childlike innocence and trust.... any outing is exciting to them.. wait till they grow up and see the real world, instead of this wayang... she'll lose this innocence very fast.. [:(]

Aiyoh, with attitude like yours feel sorry for daughter. Going to international sporting event should be exciting, and whether you like it or not this is an international sporting event.

Is people like you that leave singapore so bad at sports, go and suck all the joy out of things.

Turbocharged

pardon me but dont u read between the lines

they dont have to say i force u

just casually omit the option, so that all gets the message

Only if they ball-less.

I also refuse to attend events before, unless is during school time and part of curriculum, I also refuse to take part in charity fund raising during school time when I didn't believe in cause.

Shouldn't blame others when people are too scared to say no.

Aiyoh, with attitude like yours feel sorry for daughter. Going to international sporting event should be exciting, and whether you like it or not this is an international sporting event.

Is people like you that leave singapore so bad at sports, go and suck all the joy out of things.

ah... that's where you are so wrong, my dear fellow. I never discuss my worries with the kids.

They have to find their own way in life. Her school arrowed her to go to YOG rehearsal, but she looked forward to the outing. I let her go - and picked her up at midnite afterwards, and even sent home some of her friends who had no transport back after the rehearsal. I listened to her description of the event. She herself was bored out of from the event.

Similarly, I have gotten NDP tickets in past years and attended these events with the family as well. All these events are fun and great for bonding and all that. But stop looking at the world with rose-tinted glasses, my friend.

I never discourage my kids from their interests - other than if it poses a danger to their health. I also do not project negative thoughts to them - what goes online, stays online.

However, don't get lost in the matrix. The truth is more sordid than what's being put on show by the MIW.

On day, the kids will find out the truth - with or without the parents. To keep on denying this is to keep on taking that blue pill everyday.