How to kill cockroach, lizard n rats

SimonTan

On 10/8/2021 at 5:39 PM, Mkl22 said:

I think it is now illegal to shoot crows and mynahs and especially pigeons. What a stupid law. They were considered pest before. 
use paper bullet and whack the fella! 

I had pigeons build nest at my AC ledge. they kept coming back even when i hung some obstacles there. Finally once i used a paper bullet and hit it on my 2nd try. The pigeons never dare to come back anymore. 

And recently at my new place, there was another nest in the old external AC ledge (no longer used). I noted it since i took over the place, but since it had a flightless young pigeon, can't send it plummeting to its doom. Last few days, it can fly liao so I tried to flood the Ledge but it has some sorta drainage. Resorted to disrupting the nest by pushing it underneath the old metal support bars. 

Too bad jokers who own BB guns tend to do stupid shit like shoot other real people, otherwise a plastic pellet gun would be helpful. Honestly how can it kill the bird. It just shocks it lah...

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 10/9/2021 at 10:45 AM, mersaylee said:

There's one outside my door making noise...no time to make paper bullet...shot one rubberband instead that went over its head...it got the warning shot message and flew away...

Actually, it wasn't a warning shot...i aimed at its buttock and missed...next time I shall aim at the head...😁

Flew away but got fly back and continue making noise or not?

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Flew away but got fly back and continue making noise or not?

Paper bullets are ready for the return 😁

Also prepared to buy my TC cleaner kopi...😂

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

I had pigeons build nest at my AC ledge. they kept coming back even when i hung some obstacles there. Finally once i used a paper bullet and hit it on my 2nd try. The pigeons never dare to come back anymore. 

And recently at my new place, there was another nest in the old external AC ledge (no longer used). I noted it since i took over the place, but since it had a flightless young pigeon, can't send it plummeting to its doom. Last few days, it can fly liao so I tried to flood the Ledge but it has some sorta drainage. Resorted to disrupting the nest by pushing it underneath the old metal support bars. 

Too bad jokers who own BB guns tend to do stupid shit like shoot other real people, otherwise a plastic pellet gun would be helpful. Honestly how can it kill the bird. It just shocks it lah...

I am hoping that the sunbird that visit my hibiscus flower everyday will build a nest on it. Sad that it doesn't.  

20210831_161521.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 8

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Mynah like to stand on the round structure before it fly into my kitchen. I'm thinking deny it a place to stand, maybe it won't come again. So I put up a clear plastic sheet. Also it prevents rain from coming in directly. I'll see how it goes. If it finds another way to come in, I'll start making a slingshot, since I can't seem to buy it anywhere.

pl3849.jpg

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

On 10/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, Didu said:

Since this thread also mention "rat", below trap design is good if there's an infestation.

Watching this is more therapeutic.... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

4 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Now I understand why I could see so many paper bullets on the voideck when i walk around my area. 

Not me hor...made but yet to fire any ammo😁

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

I am hoping that the sunbird that visit my hibiscus flower everyday will build a nest on it. Sad that it doesn't.  

20210831_161521.jpg

this bird is very timid , unless your plant is covered by a wall that they could not see you or they feel secure enough, otherwise I dont think they will dare to build their nest there. 

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

this bird is very timid , unless your plant is covered by a wall that they could not see you or they feel secure enough, otherwise I dont think they will dare to build their nest there. 

Yes. My old apartment the hibiscus grow out of the corridor wall and they build a next outside. I was not aware of the nest till one day I want to cut some of the branches. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

Hmmm ……. Does it not give you other ideas ?? ?? 

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

My MIL loves sugar cane juice although I keep telling her full of sugar no good but I will still go Hougang and get for her.

The bestest SIL.

:D

Man Finds Cockroach In Sugarcane Drink, Hougang Stall Apologises & Closes For Cleaning

image.thumb.png.3a518e8aca6cae88f9641349458d8cfa.png

• Haha! 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, Lala81 said:

You are kind guy

I am an evil man

1 minute ago, Mustank said:

You are kind guy

I am an evil man

I managed to clear the twigs away with an unwanted broom, dustpan and metal rod. Then poured dettol water into it to 消毒。but the loss of the twigs and my disruption of the soil turned it into mud and clogged the drain trap there. Lol. But OK lah. Don't think it's a dengue hazard or anything. 

• Praise 1

On 10/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, Kb27 said:

Mynah like to stand on the round structure before it fly into my kitchen. I'm thinking deny it a place to stand, maybe it won't come again. So I put up a clear plastic sheet. Also it prevents rain from coming in directly. I'll see how it goes. If it finds another way to come in, I'll start making a slingshot, since I can't seem to buy it anywhere.

pl3849.jpg

Since I put up the clear cover, the mynahs haven't been back.

Maybe the trick is to deny these pests a place to rest. Then they go somewhere else, like a neighbours' place. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2