How to stop someone from digging/picking his nose?

Albeniz

I have this colleague who is quite a nice guy. However, he has this habit of digging his nose whenever the opportunity arises. He is not conscious about it and could dig it right in front of people throughout a group conversation.

It affected me as we share the common door knob to exit the workplace. Sometimes, he even touched my mouse to access some data on the computer screen.

I am sure our folks here might have encountered people around us with similar habit. How to hint to him without hurting/offending him? He is quite a nice guy though.

↡ Advertisement

I have this colleague who is quite a nice guy. However, he has this habit of digging his nose whenever the opportunity arises. He is not conscious about it and could dig it right in front of people throughout a group conversation.

It affected me as we share the common door knob to exit the workplace. Sometimes, he even touched my mouse to access some data on the computer screen.

I am sure our folks here might have encountered people around us with similar habit. How to hint to him without hurting/offending him? He is quite a nice guy though.

Wah.. this kinda thing very embarassing to say out or hint one. How well do you know him?

I also encountered similar situations before.

Have a female colleague whose underarms are.. well.. ungroomed.. Not very nice everytime she raise her hands especially when wearing sleeveless.. We only managed to pluck the courage to highlight this to her when we got to know her better. There was another female colleague with STRONG body odour.. that one.. not so close to her.. so we just have to hold our breath everytime she comes near.. [knife]

Wah.. this kinda thing very embarassing to say out or hint one. How well do you know him?

Have a female colleague whose underarms are.. well.. ungroomed.. Not very nice everytime she raise her hands especially when wearing sleeveless.. We only managed to pluck the courage to highlight this to her when we got to know her better. There was another female colleague with STRONG body odour.. that one.. not so close to her.. so we just have to hold our breath everytime she comes near.. [knife]

This one I know has to do with clothing she's wearing. She must be wearing sleeve-less dress or blouse. Cos skin rub against skin in the underarms you are more prone to sweat. That will explain the smell. You can tell her things like she looks better with dresses or blouse with sleeves. Same for the one with un-groomed underarms. Oh, you had told her liao. Too bad.

i got another qn... how to tell ur frds they've got bad breath?

Buy a few N-95 masks...and keep it handy [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

cannot lah... but sometimes really buay tahan...

Have some sweets with you and pass him/her one whenever he/she comes to talk to you.....soon he/she should get the hint..... [:p]

cannot lah... but sometimes really buay tahan...

keep some mints handy and share it around

When he starts digging, you also dig yours. Or when he starts digging, hand him a packet of tissue. [laugh]

So many ways to do it.

i think tis is the most tactical way to do it! ^_^

Neutral Newbie

tell him though everyone loves gold, nobody likes those found in the nose.

I am intending to get a new handphone soon. Before I found a solution, I better keep the new handphone out of sight.

BO one I encounter b4. We used to call her the Italian Onion. She was a rather obnoxious character so we bo chup just say her.

i got another qn... how to tell ur frds they've got bad breath?

Just tell him direct....Brother...u need to cool down with some herbal tea....I think is not offensive this way...

↡ Advertisement