Car Batt @ $600???

Frenzzsg

Maybe i'm mountain tortoise...but is there really some power mama car batt that's at that pricing? $600++??

Asking this becuz this morning my friend was telling me his boss just replace the batt for his 7-series and it cost $600++. And it was not the normal car batt... [confused]

The replacement was done at PM after some standard servicing. i do expect some mark-up on price, but $600++? Really got such thing?

↡ Advertisement

Relative to the car price, it's still "affordable". Nothing if company car/company-sponsored; just claim reimbursement lor.

That's what we are being brainwashed everyday!

Edited by Kangadrool

Neutral Newbie

normal la.

my dad merc E240 got his changed at $300+, done at outside de workshop.

BTw his E240 has 2 battery. one small one at the engine bay n one bigger one at spare tyre compartment.

Maybe i'm mountain tortoise...but is there really some power mama car batt that's at that pricing? $600++??

Asking this becuz this morning my friend was telling me his boss just replace the batt for his 7-series and it cost $600++. And it was not the normal car batt... [confused]

The replacement was done at PM after some standard servicing. i do expect some mark-up on price, but $600++? Really got such thing?

might be for 2 batts, one in the boot and one in the engine compartment. abit on the high side, but not impossible lah...

might be for 2 batts, one in the boot and one in the engine compartment. abit on the high side, but not impossible lah...

both battery got bmw badge. Each badge extra $150. so paying $300+ more makes sense for a $600 figure.

It's battery and labour. Regular MF battery 90Ah (white case) but you need to access ecu to reset the i-drive parameter after installing new battery. Hence the cost as I know it. Actually more like $670 with taxes.

Optima do not have DIN sizing, no height clearance.

Carrot head ba

And everyoe should drive a cheap car and use cheap batt. Then they will not labelled as carrot head. Super loser mentality.

For your info, that is the market rate for original BMW batt.

↡ Advertisement