Active sub and soundproofing

Kurty

Supercharged

hi guys,

for some reason, my amplifier seems to be faulty after a recent accident and i doubt i can actually make a claim for it.

was thinking of going for an active subwoofer, those type under the seat.

was told to go for 10' as it is better than the 8'.

would like to check if i should go for it?

as i was told by a friend those active subwoofer is pathetic.. only give minimum bass sound..

might as well invest in a pair of good rear speaker..

car is small, no room for sub in rear.

lastly, would like to do soundproofing for wheel fender.

any good recommendation or cost to look out for?

or i should actually go jb and have it done.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bro,

Soundproffing do in SG better, trust me. As for active subwoofer, if u have space constraint then go for it. Never waste $$ invest in rear speaker, in a good sound system, either our rear speaker is stock or we will remove it totally.

If u wan, u can follow me to Foon audio, I gg down next fri to upgrade my system.

Supercharged
Soundproffing do in SG better, trust me. As for active subwoofer, if u have space constraint then go for it. Never waste $$ invest in rear speaker, in a good sound system, either our rear speaker is stock or we will remove it totally.

If u wan, u can follow me to Foon audio, I gg down next fri to upgrade my system.

yeah, i was thinking about the same..

soundproofing the fender is important and require good skill.

may i ask how much is the damage?

thanks for your advise on rear speaker, will hunt for an active sub.. probably a pre-owned.

Neutral Newbie

yeah, i was thinking about the same..

soundproofing the fender is important and require good skill.

may i ask how much is the damage?

thanks for your advise on rear speaker, will hunt for an active sub.. probably a pre-owned.

is soundproofing of fender only to reduce road noise?

any other methods of reducing road noise? i.e. any other areas to soundproof to reduce this?

hi guys,

for some reason, my amplifier seems to be faulty after a recent accident and i doubt i can actually make a claim for it.

was thinking of going for an active subwoofer, those type under the seat.

was told to go for 10' as it is better than the 8'.

would like to check if i should go for it?

as i was told by a friend those active subwoofer is pathetic.. only give minimum bass sound..

might as well invest in a pair of good rear speaker..

car is small, no room for sub in rear.

lastly, would like to do soundproofing for wheel fender.

any good recommendation or cost to look out for?

or i should actually go jb and have it done.

depends on the type of car..

Mine was a hatch previously and i had an 8inch pioneer active sub behind which doesn't take up too much space.

As to why your friend term it pathetic, it really have to see what he's comparing to and which active sub is that.

For fender soundproof and/or damping, the installer will need to know how to remove your wheels and ensure that the suspension part are done properly. otherwise, it's as easy as spraying rubber onto the banana leaf and send u on your way.

Supercharged

may i ask does soundproofing the fender really helps?

i was quoted 50 per fender, i'm not sure about the price but feel prett cheap.

after soundproofing, do i still need to send for alignment as they remove my wheels.

after soundproofing, do i still need to send for alignment as they remove my wheels.

depends on the car and the tyres used.

as for the alignment, shouldn't not be required coz they don't touch your suspension mar

depends on the car and the tyres used.

as for the alignment, shouldn't not be required coz they don't touch your suspension mar

Supercharged

Just to share.

I did my fender, 35 per side at king kong audio located at sim lim tower level 6 carpark.

My friend also paid 35 per door.

Material was audio sonic, if u ask me. I won't say soundproofing fender helps much. Maybe only reduce 20% of the sound

active subwoofers are pretty pathetic, and that is even judging by a newbie standard. Subs are power hungry, and should more often than not, has a dedicated amp powering it. We can get more technical looking at the different classes etc.

If you are just concerned about having some kind of low-frequency sound without a care for how low it can go, control etc, then by all means.

hope it helps.

It help 10% only.

I did 3 layers ( normally 2 layers) on all doors

2) firewall

3) Flooring

4) wheel fender and arc

very dissapointed.

Edited by Tailgatepro

is soundproofing of fender only to reduce road noise?

any other methods of reducing road noise? i.e. any other areas to soundproof to reduce this?

dun waste $$ on SP. it will not reduce noise at all