Ex-smokers and those trying to quit.....

Lex250

Thought I would start a new one here to aviod antagonizing those who do not wish to quit.

I promised bro Tigerwoods to check in when I have started my Quit campaign..so here goes. Today is Day 4...still can take it but the urge hit more often in the past 2 days. First 2 days were a breeze....maybe now body in shock?

Am thinking of begging for a stick from colleague....but so far so good..haven't gone down that road... [cool]

Edited by Lex250
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

All the best..stay determined :) Do not give in to the "just 1 stick" thought..its that 1 additional stick that will put you back again.

Jiayou! Do keep updating, stay strong till day 21 and you should be able to break free.

bro

u just cut off like that or b4 that u already reduce alot liao?

advise is better dun just cut like this....might not apply for everyone

seen some n here also got mentioned..cold turkey direct might not as good ..

maybe first week,u reduced 50%,then 30% then start cold turkey..

but good luck,mai give up ^_^

thks bro.....if i sucuumb I'll update also...after all we must be "transparent" as our MIW suggests....LOL

All the best..stay determined :) Do not give in to the "just 1 stick" thought..its that 1 additional stick that will put you back again.

Jiayou! Do keep updating, stay strong till day 21 and you should be able to break free.

Ok bro...after day 21 I will reward myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes I will have a ................................................................................

.................................................................................

........................GOOD MEAL! hehe

Hang on! 1st week is the toughest...8months and counting now!!!

wow ...good stuff.... [thumbsup]

any urges along the way? any tricks/tips to share?

bro

u just cut off like that or b4 that u already reduce alot liao?

advise is better dun just cut like this....might not apply for everyone

seen some n here also got mentioned..cold turkey direct might not as good ..

maybe first week,u reduced 50%,then 30% then start cold turkey..

but good luck,mai give up ^_^

hi bro...thks for the advice but i really have to sold turkey...tried the reduction one but didn't work last time ...coz access to smokes still and chances are you'll sneak in a extra smoke or 2....so now I try the more decisive style of cold turkey.

Neutral Newbie

Starting a thread like this and keeping it updated would make u think of smoking more often wouldent it?

I think the intention is to get encouragement and support. And i'll be giving my support! :)

Depends on what drives a person to stay free, to some the potential money that can be saved, to some better health, to some family.

Thinking of stopping too, for the sake of my 10mth old boy. And the 2-3 tins of milk powder that i can buy if i quit :)

I took Zyban to quit, and I was far worse then you, 40 sticks per day.

it's now like circa 10-12yrs since I gave up, after 22yrs of smoking.

Never looked back, and the savings I made giving up, my wife allowed me to buy my dream car.

Drink lots of water, if you dowan to go on Zyban, to flush out the crap inside.

If ever you decide to restart, just think of how hard it was to quit, and that should set you

proper again.

I never once restarted, clean since I dropped the habit. Now I can't even stand the smell.

Thought I would start a new one here to aviod antagonizing those who do not wish to quit.

I promised bro Tigerwoods to check in when I have started my Quit campaign..so here goes. Today is Day 4...still can take it but the urge hit more often in the past 2 days. First 2 days were a breeze....maybe now body in shock?

Am thinking of begging for a stick from colleague....but so far so good..haven't gone down that road... [cool]

Eyh, not advisable hor, can drop and faint one. Have to slowly slowly start again.

One time chong, damn chia lat one. [:p]

mind n determination is the part to endure

oh better workout more...blow the lung like how pple blow carbon off the engine.. :D

i took champix to quit... work quite well...

important thing is to avoid going to smoking areas and avoid temptations...

i literally stayed in office for 6mth from 8-5 only go out during lunch time and avoid walking past the smoking corner

Good job! keep it up!!

don't give in to temptations.

keep yourself pre-occupied with other things.

whenever the urge kicks in, eat sweet or drink water.

don't give up on yourself!!

I think the intention is to get encouragement and support. And i'll be giving my support! :)

Depends on what drives a person to stay free, to some the potential money that can be saved, to some better health, to some family.

Thinking of stopping too, for the sake of my 10mth old boy. And the 2-3 tins of milk powder that i can buy if i quit :)

bro don't think already...you got the motivation altready...JUST DO IT!

I had stop smoking for at least 15 years now.

I did it the cold turkey way too, because gradually reducing cannot work as will always cheat by sneaking in more and more stick.

Just have a reason for stopping and constantly remind our self of that reason.

For me, I keep telling myself that I cannot afford to smoke because they are too expensive.

The first two months is very difficult, so must be extremely strong in our mind, and keep reminding our self of the above reason.

( For info: you must make up your mind to quit, and not someone wants u to quit or to quit for someone like your love ones, that is you must want to quit yourself )

After the first two years, you are quite safe.

Be strong and have a good reason to quit and stay focus on that reason.

Wish you luck.

PS: I fail quitting many times too, so don't give up.

↡ Advertisement